SC Gold "900"

kunsho

A fantastic cross!! And a great period photo that throws all the 'rules' out the window: post-Sep 39 and wearing a pilot badge, yet he's still got his 1st model dagger and he's still wearing the un-rated aircrew badge on his sleeve! (not to mention the unconventional placement of his DRL sports badge) It's also interesting that he earned the SC in gold and the Spanish War Cross/star, but only earned the SCW campaign medal, and not the Military Service Cross nor the Military Medal...

Scott

Edited by Scott

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Matthias, I found a little info on your man, he was assigned to 2.K/88 in February of '39 though he had been in Spain since Nov. 1938.

There was a Uffzs Gunther Wagner assigned to 3.K/88 in November 1938. Probably the same guy, just a typo in the name in the book, the dates match up and sound right.

Great stuff, do you have any of his docs with all this?

Alan

Edited by spectre

• 2 months later...

Hi Matthias, I found a little info on your man, he was assigned to 2.K/88 in February of '39 though he had been in Spain since Nov. 1938.

There was a Uffzs Gunther Wagner assigned to 3.K/88 in November 1938. Probably the same guy, just a typo in the name in the book, the dates match up and sound right.

Great stuff, do you have any of his docs with all this?

Alan

....I had much to do the last time therefore I noticed the progress of my thread only today....

Hi Alan,

Thanks a lot for your information!!! Unfortunately only the medals (and a few photos with no helpful inscription) were left (the documents possibly were thrown away as the household of G?nther Wagner were dissolved)...

ALL ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IS WELCOME

Hey Jacques,

Nice and really (!) impressive collection !!!

Best regards

Matthias