Order of the Sacred Treasure, 8th Class - Postwar

Dieter3

Guessing 1970's, maybe early 80's? No maker's marks or codes of any kind. Back to using lacquerware case, not Bakelite/plastic. Somewhat different kanji style (8) on the lid.

Edited by Dieter3

Very nice pick-up, thanks for sharing!

The style of the kanji is a little unusual. Does this particular style align with a certain period of manufacture?

I do like the lower level Sacred Treasures with their simple, understated yet elegant design.

Does this particular style align with a certain period of manufacture?

The style of all kanji's at the cover of this box is typical for post war period except kanji 8. Such 8 is typical for boxes from Meiji/Taisho/early Showa periods.

Very nice pick-up, thanks for sharing!

The style of the kanji is a little unusual. Does this particular style align with a certain period of manufacture?

I do like the lower level Sacred Treasures with their simple, understated yet elegant design.

My pleasure! Yesm, I too like the lower class awards, really all of them. I totaly agree on the simple yet elegant design. Especially the Rising Sun! Very elegant in my opinion!

The style of all kanji's at the cover of this box is typical for post war period except kanji 8. Such 8 is typical for boxes from Meiji/Taisho/early Showa periods.

It always seems to the the numeral character that changes most dramatically and really stands out!

• 1 month later...

Here's another interesting one with that slightly different "8"! Sold this morning. Thought about buying it, but price was climbing and I didn't want to get into a bidding war. I'll wait for another one.