Researching an 1870 EK awardee

Don,

No one by that name on the 1877 list- 1st, 2nd or 2nd class on white ribbon.

It could be that he had already died by that date. Do you have any additional information such as unit?

Also, are you certain of the spelling? A Feldwebel Friedrich August Liesow (IR 20) was awarded the EK1.

Andy

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 26/03/2017 at 22:36, dond said:

Could we pin the 1870/1 EK recipient's list to the top of this forum please?

I'm pushing this up, for there isn't a pinned thread with the 1870 EK roll... but that would require someone to find it online... and I'm not aware it is to be found anywhere! The German DGO site has a hand-typed, well-readable pdf file list of the EK1 winners, made by a most diligent DGO member (who is a GMIC user as well: "NavalMark"). Probably exciting news for all those who hadn't found it before...

https://www.deutsche-gesellschaft-fuer-ordenskunde.de/DGOWP/links/verleihungslisten/preussen/

• Dave Danner pinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

Thanks, Dave! I don't actually need it as I bought the list on CD some years back. This was rather asking for the benefit of others... major question now is if this thread should or should not be pinned!

:P

• 6 months later...

Hi! So what does the data on the CD look like? I have 1 EK2 recipient of the 1870s war I would like to know if he is on it: Secondelieutenant Louis Ernst Wilhelm Friedrich Müldner v. Mülnheim of GR 11

5 hours ago, David M said:

Hi! So what does the data on the CD look like? I have 1 EK2 recipient of the 1870s war I would like to know if he is on it: Secondelieutenant Louis Ernst Wilhelm Friedrich Müldner v. Mülnheim of GR 11

Hi David,

best regards,

Jens

Mueldner..png

10 hours ago, VtwinVince said:

This is great, could you look up Oberleutnant Mueller of the Feldartillerie? I don't have a first name, and I only know that he died in 1896.

Hi,
Müller is a very common family name, do you have any more information?
(for example: Iron Cross 1st or 2nd class, Regiment-name or Prussian, Bavarian, etc. ...)?
Regards, Jens

maybe: EK2 (black ribbon): Müller, Eugen Prem.-Lieut. im Großh.-Bad. Feld-Art.-Rgt.  ???

Hi Jens,

He was a Prussian, judging from the medal bar, was a recipient of the EK2 on the combat ribbon, and took part in the 1864, 1866 and 1870 campaigns. He was at Dueppel and Alsen. More information I don't have, but I appreciate your help.