News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ek fake production great brittan

Its listed as a replica copy, which is honest enough of the ebay seller, fakes are usualy made with the intention

of deceiving the potential customer into beleiviing the item is an original piece from a specific time period.

Kevin in Deva..

I dont really see the point as genuine 1914 EK's are not what you consider an expensive item to collect. Most dealers in Germany sell them for 40 to 50 Euro. I can understand trying to fake high end items. It just does not make sense to me.

Its listed as a replica copy, which is honest enough of the ebay seller, fakes are usualy made with the intention

of deceiving the potential customer into beleiviing the item is an original piece from a specific time period.

Kevin in Deva..

Makes no difference what he lists it as... unless he stamps "replica" on it.... same as the cloth makers from pakistan who flood the market with fake cloth badges... They are not the ones making big bucks, but the "fake sellers" buy them up and make the big profit...

Selling a replica as a replica is of no real use when you know the next guy is going to sell it as real... its kinda like selling poppy seeds to a heroine maker and saying "I dont make heroin".... Of course, if the copy is really bad, noone cares... but I remember when I was 12-13, blowing my whole vacation budget in London on a WW1 EK2 that turned out to be made of lead....

I dont really see the point as genuine 1914 EK's are not what you consider an expensive item to collect. Most dealers in Germany sell them for 40 to 50 Euro. I can understand trying to fake high end items. It just does not make sense to me.

It depends on the profit margin, just like anything else.

Makes no difference what he lists it as... unless he stamps "replica" on it.... same as the cloth makers from pakistan who flood the market with fake cloth badges... They are not the ones making big bucks, but the "fake sellers" buy them up and make the big profit...

Selling a replica as a replica is of no real use when you know the next guy is going to sell it as real... its kinda like selling poppy seeds to a heroine maker and saying "I dont make heroin".... Of course, if the copy is really bad, noone cares... but I remember when I was 12-13, blowing my whole vacation budget in London on a WW1 EK2 that turned out to be made of lead....

Chris, I see where you are coming from, but, there is no Law or Legal requirement requiring the seller to have the word replica or reproduction on the item, nor is he responisible for what others do with the item once purchased, he as openly described the item for what it is.

The word Replica / reproduction could just as easily be ground off by those wishing to commit fraud.

And as has been pointed out, these items as original period pieces are readily available for purchase at very reasonable prices.

Kevin in Deva.

Hi,

Makers of the date rape drug are not doing the raping themselves either... just selling stuff...

Anything ground off usually makes people question what they buy

If an orignal piece costs 35... and a dealer pays 25... he earns 10

If the replica costs 5 and can be sold to an idiot for 15... the faker makes 10

Its all relative.

best

Chris

It can be argued, debated, philosifised, talked about for years, however, as I pointed out this particular seller, of this item on Ebay has stated what it is, he has broken no laws, nor has he set out to trick anybody from their hard earned cash.

If you dont like it, dont buy it, plain and simple.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

It's just the age old problem. There will always be copies and unscrupulous dealers will pass them on as genuine. The profit margin will always be higher and in business that's what counts even if relatively speaking it's quite low, turnover counts and there's an endless supply of these. There is no law to say that they should bear some mark to say that they are replicas but personally I feel there should be.

These will always eventually find their way into the hands of somone who will pass them on as real. The manufacturers of them don't care.

Existence of fakes:

- puts a theme to the hobby. At least 50% of all debates on forums is authenticity approval.

- puts a feature of danger to the hobby, which makes it even more attractive. You can win, but you can loose - it´s rollercoaster adrenaline.

- puts a gap between buffs and serious collectors. No pain, no gain.

- makes originals even more valuable. I don´t mean financial value, I mean how would you like original cross you bought on the corner without any fear in comparison to original cross you had to reach by swimming in the dump of fakes.

- motivates us to study - history, materials, production techniques...

So please tell me, what do you have against fakes?

Existence of fakes:

- puts a theme to the hobby. At least 50% of all debates on forums is authenticity approval.

- puts a feature of danger to the hobby, which makes it even more attractive. You can win, but you can loose - it´s rollercoaster adrenaline.

- puts a gap between buffs and serious collectors. No pain, no gain.

- makes originals even more valuable. I don´t mean financial value, I mean how would you like original cross you bought on the corner without any fear in comparison to original cross you had to reach by swimming in the dump of fakes.

- motivates us to study - history, materials, production techniques...

So please tell me, what do you have against fakes?

Existence of Drugs:

- puts a theme to the night out. At least 50% of all partygoers are discussing them.

- puts a feature of danger to the Binge, which makes it even more attractive. You can rave, but you can die - it´s rollercoaster adrenaline.

- puts a gap between drunks and serious druggies. No pain, no gain.

So please tell me, what do you have against drugs? :-)

seriously... those are arguments I dont buy. You could even change the theme to "Why sexual diseases make the thrill and danger of unprotected sex sooooo much better!" ;-)

Hmm, I´ve read about Nero´s attempt to defeat the sea waves, and about Mao Zedong´s struggle against sparrows as well.

Now I am looking forward to see your try.

:ninja:

Edited by marrauder

even with fakes , sides have to be discussed out .

wrong and right ,,,hate it or not and so on .

or is it just the ego's, keeping us away from doing something useful with the info ?

regards kay

• 2 weeks later...