News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here's a little something unusual!

My understanding is that most of these are from Taiwan ("Republic of China"), post-Civil War, mainly 1950s. There are wartime (WWII and CW) pieces, much cruder and uglier (= less baroque). No good sources on these though (or was there an old [JOMSA piece . . . ??).

Very nice ones!

These are Chinese Nationalist Orders, in the shown case: Order of the Striped Tiger (Wen-Hu). The medal should be numbered at the reverse.

Awarded by Chiang Kai Checks Kuomintang until approx. 1946.

Matthias

...Awarded by Chiang Kai Checks Kuomintang until approx. 1946....

Refering to my statement above: Absolute Nonsense!

This Order was abolished by Chiang Kai Shek in 1928. Originally the Striped Tiger was the first (and first new founded) Order of the Republic of China in 1912. Founded by the new President Yuan Shih-Kai, December 6, as a military merit order (for Chinese officers as well as foreigners). The Wen-Hu came in 9 classes (last three of them for NCO and enlisted men).

According to the three on the order attached stars, the shown piece is a fourth class.

... now it should be correct

Matthias

• 3 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...