News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

a new member

Gensui

Gents,

After some sensitive pushing from several sides, I’d like to through a

hajimemashite, doitsu no kurisu to môshimasu!

into this round.

How should I start without being too boring?

As you can see at my avatar, I have a special relation to the Imperial Japanese navy, since I studied Japanese Studies with focusing on the development of the early Japanese Meiji navy. Currently I’m preparing my PhD about a German commander of a German force in Tsingtao, who was imprisoned between 1914 and 1919 in Japan after the fall of the former German leasehold Kiautschou.

I’m mainly collecting Imperial German Navy tallies. But for some time past, I’m addicted to Japanese decoration, especially the war- and commemorative medals and any suitable award documents. And if the documents are issued to any navy members – perfect! So if you need some space in your collection, your almost welcome to send any messages to me

:whistle:

As I don’t only want to collect the items itself, but keen to learn about any stories behind (e.g. award criteria, production facilities, etc.) I think this forum might be the right address. Since my knowledge is still pretty poor, the number of questions may top my qualified comments, which I need to apologise for in advance.

Anyhow, I’m always interested in some hints or comments and looking for a fruitful exchange and hope to learn a lot from this forum.

Yoroshiku onegai itashimasu!

Chris

Hi Chris and welcome!

Currently I’m preparing my PhD about a German commander of a German force in Tsingtao, who was imprisoned between 1914 and 1919 in Japan after the fall of the former German leasehold Kiautschou.

Our colleague Claudius gonna like this! :)

I think this forum might be the right address.

Definitely ;)

Regards,

Nick

Either that or he is really conspicuous fellow :lol:

Indeed, it is I. One and the same. There are very few Roman Emperor avatars from people who are interested in Battle of Tsingtau groups. (and I hope the list remains small, these groups are hard enough to find without even more competition.)

Hello Chris! Yes, we corresponded heavily for a time and I shared all the information I had. But regarding specific primary source information on the commanders, I'm a bit out of my depth. I'm glad to see you are making progress on your thesis and have joined this forum!

There are very few Roman Emperor avatars ...

I wonder what original Claudius would think about this dude on your avatar :lol:

I don`t think that he was familiar with Mel Brooks films :whistle:

Edited by JapanX

Thanks guys!

I'm starting to become sober- birthday's at Saturday is like a gift! :jumping:

@The Prussian

I'm really looking for to our next meeting!!!

Don't worry, I know where I am from and I know where I belong to :cheers:

BR, Chris