Nice photo with Castro brothers.

Raul is wearing ARMY GENERALs uniform.

Fidel is wearing field uniform, only with COMENDATNTE EN JEFE shoulderbords.

Question: Why Raul is wearing generals uniform if he became a COMENDANTE DE LA REVOLUCION in 1958?

Nice photo with Castro brothers.

Raul is wearing ARMY GENERALs uniform.

Fidel is wearing field uniform, only with COMENDATNTE EN JEFE shoulderbords.

Question: Why Raul is wearing generals uniform if he became a COMENDANTE DE LA REVOLUCION in 1958?

He is wearing the general's uniform, because he is an active member of the army (still general of the army and president).

The rank "comandante de la Revolución" is only a symbolic rank for high officer's of the rebel army. But all "comandantes" with this rank wear army uniforms, although they have no active position. NOTE: A "comandante de la Revolución" is formal higher than a "general del ejercito".

Here an example with Juan Almeida Bosque:

almeida0_zpseaedea0c.jpg

Here Juan, Raul and Fidel in BDU:

article-0-0665E094000005DC-731_468x420_z

And an example for Fidel in a general's uniform:

fidel_castro_dead_zps72989042.jpg

I hope I could help. ;)

Another symbolic rank is the "Comandante". This rank is higher than the "General del Ejército" but lower than the "Comandante de la Revolución".

Here an example:

JoseacuteRamoacutenMachadoVentura_zps3b1

Thank you very much for explanation.

I thought that shoulderboards on last picture is higer level than A. Bosque.

This is "Comendante en Jefe", but A.Bosque has "Comendante de la Revolucion" shoulderboards.

So "comendantes" shoulderborads only for retired offcers?

Fantastic pictures, last one with hero star + Playa Giron order + ribbons...

Thank you very much for explanation.

I thought that shoulderboards on last picture is higer level than A. Bosque.

This is "Comendante en Jefe", but A.Bosque has "Comendante de la Revolucion" shoulderboards.

So "comendantes" shoulderborads only for retired offcers?

Fantastic pictures, last one with hero star + Playa Giron order + ribbons...

The difference between "Comandante" and "Comandante en Jefe" is, that they look different.

The "Comandante" has a yellow star and the "Comandante en Jefe" a white + laurel wreath.

"Comandantes" and "Comandantes de la Revolución" are:

1. veterans of the Revolution and

2. retired officers or

3. active superior officers without any task (only representive).

I hope you understand what I mean. (English is not my native language :) )

My understanding right now is that Comendante de la Revolucion is lower level than Comendante en Jefe.

Comendante en Jefe is rank for Fidel only.

Yes, that's absolutely right.

Here a pic for better understanding:

gradossuperiores_zpsee1af431.png