News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is where I am to this date... More on the way soon!!!

Collecting tabs and tunics of the Luftwaffe are a passion for me. I look at these and wonder what the men who wore each set did on a day to day basis. It is something to look a certain waffenfarbe and be able to tell which ones spent their careers behind a desk and which were in the field.

• Replies 50
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Larry,

The lighter blue EM tabs are for supply/early field police.

Thank you for your compliments. I would love to see yours all together sometime! I know that you have a lot of choice specimens!

TSD actually had two waffenfarbes...

Weinrot for Judicial

lightblue for Administrative Services

TSD was open only to officers. It was established in 1944.

I have the Judicial Oberst. I have the light blue examples for a Leutenant arriving any day.

Paul

Paul ..what a collection ! Years ago I knew a WW2 Officer who gave me a bag full of shoulderboards and tabs ...he told me that the "Intel" boys had ordered his unit to cut off boards and insignia from the German POW's so they could figure out what units they were running up against.

I can just see a bunch of our Intel Officers sorting through hundreds of tabs ...wish I had a picture of that!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jim!!! That is what attracts me to LW insignia and tunics. (the pretty colors!) I am still missing a few waffenfarbes!. I am trying to sell my G43 to fund the last huge lot I received! I cannot get enough of them!

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    Guest Darrell

Damn .... everywhere I look, there are slopes covered in ice. It;s bad enough, but you guys keep pushing me off when I'm peering over the edge looking down :shame:

Thank you all for your compliments!!! These tabs are as much a passion for me as ribbon bars are to a certain group here!!! It is a very slippery slope!! Thankfully I am closer to the bottom than the top, at this point! There are quite a few remaining to be found!! I must have them all!!!!