News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Turkish group - help required please

nzef1940

I was lucky to aquire this group some time ago, I have always wondered about the 'supposed brass dogtag' is it a dog tag or something else and what is written on it?

The group was a New Zealand WW1 veteran bringback.

Enjoy the images and please help re the dogtag query.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Nice set, lovely German made medal and ribbon. The metal piece (dog tag?) has to be pictured after turning it.

The numbers are from top: 6, 3 and 142.

If you post a bigger picture of the metal piece (after turning it) I will ask help for the words.

Regards.

Demir

PS: I am glad that you liked the Turkish War Medal book.

Thanks, here is another image.

Hi,

Nice set, lovely German made medal and ribbon. The metal piece (dog tag?) has to be pictured after turning it.

The numbers are from top: 6, 3 and 142.

If you post a bigger picture of the metal piece (after turning it) I will ask help for the words.

Regards.

Demir

PS: I am glad that you liked the Turkish War Medal book.

With a little help from my friends (like the Beatles song)

The translation of the dog tag is: 6th Division, 3rd Mobile Regiment, 142 (enlisted man number). It has to be Mobile Gendarmerie Regiment

Regards

Demir

They must be, Ottomans had very good archive system, they had everything registered, the problem for us now is, they were written using the Arabic alphabet. So unless the Ottoman Archives people have them translated, we have to find somebody who can locate them and read them. Are you looking for a specific roll, so that I can check asking friends.