News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A few years ago I was lucky enough to obtain a 1935 Metropolitan police warrant card. I cant imagine there are too many around for the obvious reason you should hand them back at the end of your service.

The style of warrant card in the Met didn't change from this until about 30 years ago when photographs of the officer were introduced. I would be interested to know if anyone else has one in their collection whatever Force?

This one was issued to PC 339F John Edward Bruce (warrant no 124137) and has the facsimile signature of the then Commissioner Trenchard.

219PJ - mine - issued in 1967 was identical. The facsimile signature on mine was for Simpson - the first

Commissioner to rise to that rank from the ranks. You are right in that they are rare. I had to hand in tunic and

wt. card - I kept my Victorian truncheon and helmets and cap. This was necessary to stop criminals getting

hold of ident. material. Mervyn

All very well warrant cards but what proportion of the general public could tell a fake from a genuine one? I'd wager none.

A friend of mine used to pull over people he thought were driving dangerously, using a hand held spotlight and his Canadian Army driver's licence, in a little leather case, which he would flash briefly at them. Oh, the stupidity of youth! But as far as I recall, he was never called on his 'right' to be doing it.

All very well warrant cards but what proportion of the general public could tell a fake from a genuine one? I'd wager none.

You dont need to fake one... easier to just nick a real one... as there is no photo, 20 different imposters could use the same REAL card.... As there is no expiry date on these, it could have circulated for decades...