Finnish Liberty Cross 4th Cl 1918

Here is a new piece to my collection , a Liberty Cross from 1918 a quite common order if it wasn´t for

that this one is for non fighting merits . Only 256 was awared so its quite rare. :love:

Here is sellers pics , I´ll post better ones when it arrives .

All the best from sweden

Christer

Now this beautiful order have arrived , it is really super. I bought it right from the family and the seller said it belonged to

Wilhelm von Essen who was an officer in a artillery regiment during the 1918 war.

He was awarded the Liberty Cross 4th class , but I have no information about it being a Cross without swords, but his brother Einar was also awarded a Liberty Cross 4th and then wo/s so probably this is his brothers cross.

Now I have to go out looking for a Liberty Cross 4th cl with out swords 1939 ;) which probably should be easier because there where awarded about 5 times more than the 1918 one.

Edited by christerd

That is a beuty Kevin ! :love: :love: :love:

A 4th Class withRed Cross awarded to Medics , and some personal working in ambulances and hospitals.

This is really rare , The 4th class with swords was just black, the Red Cross version was black with cross in the middle and the

non fighter versions was enameled.

Christer