News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

British Korean War medal group

Having had my Korean War medal collection out of storage for a short time, I thought I would share my latest acquisition, a group of five medals to C/JX. 760232 Petty Officer K W Stanyer RN. This group was sold by the PO's family to a local dealer and I obtained the medals from him. The group came with two driver's licences issued by the Federation of Malaya and Colony of Singapore to Stanyer in the mid-1950's. His address is given as the Military Corrective Establishment at Kinrara, near Kuala Lumpur.

Although the family has Stanyer's service papers they have decided not to part with them. Also, they will not allow them to be copied. It seems that Stanyer's medals and his service history will be forever parted.

Brett

Edited by Brett Hendey

Brett - a very nice and interesting Group - but, how strange they wouldn't want his record kept with them ? Bad enough when they

erased the names on medals since they thought it was a 'disgrace' to sell family medals.

We will look forward to seeing more from your collection. Mervyn

Mervyn

The strangest part of the story of the service records is that they were offered to the dealer with the medals, but he took only the two driver's licences and not the official and original RN service records. When I contacted the family and offered to buy the papers, the approaches, which were made several times, proved fruitless. Very strange!

I am hesitant about posting British medals here, because I have little of quality to share.

BP

I must check to see what of my small Korean War collection I have already posted on the GMIC.

Regards

Brett