News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Tirad Pass Medal during Japanese occupation in Philippines

dark379

• 2 months later...
    • Replies 56
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dark

i recently purchased two significant medals struck during the japanese occupation of the philippine islands. a tirad pass medal and an extremely rare philippine independence day medal dated oct. 1943 with philippine flag ribbon made of abaca and the red part of the flag facing right (meaning in the islands was still in a state of war). my tirad pass medal seems to be double struck with the word "patria" struck twice. seems like an error strike (?). i was informed that the medals came from the hidalgo collection. i will try to post pictures as soon as i learn how to post pictures in this forum (i'm not good with computers). any idea how much they are worth in today's market? ( i purchased the 2 medals by impulse knowing their historical significance)

I just notice it now......Ya i think it might be an error strike or the Zamora might re-use the reject medal to avoid wasting the materials, because during the war resources are limited also.

is the box there in photo belongs to Tirad pass medal or in independence medal?

Hi Snowpie,

the medal and the ribbon look original.

Double struck?

Looks more like slug dispacement to me (judging by the position of reverse inscription)

Spoilage in production?

Ineresting variation of the pocket by the way :beer:

Cheers,

Nick