News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal from Poet-General: General Homma Medal for the Invasion of the Philippines

JapanX

• Replies 96
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naturally enough I immediately wrote him a letter ...

Asked him about all possible info that he can share about Homma medal and its variations ...

But until now - no response ...

Well, I don`t blame him :lol:

Cheers folks,

Nick

Hi Post Mr. Nick, Great post.....i enjoy to reading it :cheers:...it has alot of details and additional information about the Homma Medal.

It is really hard to know its exact quantity and types medals that were produce during the war, and dont know either if there was post-war reproductions or not.

It is still a big mystery to me :speechless: unit now..... hope there will be more clearer information to come soon about Homma Medal

Nice work Mr. Nick really appreciated it. :lol:

Thank you

Ya Mr. Nick a copy of the book will help us alot, i also email him if he still sell those books or e-book is OK also, cant wait for his reply....i hope he will reply to us.......i also hoping if i can get a lead trail peace like from the collections in Ray Czahor in future....

Nice photos about the 23 pcs Homma Medal, lucky you found that photos....i still didnt see those photos in internet, only the auction list in Ray Czahor's past auctions.

If i can go back in time i like to join the 2010 auction of Ray Czahor, it has alot of rare Philippines coins and medal, like the 1906 S coins, Homma Medals and other more.. :speechless1::speechless:

• 2 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I happen to be the owner of this medal you are showing on eBay. I have tested this one on a testing stone and it IS silver. I've compared it to the other Homma medals I own and the design is nearly Identical to the others with the minor variations that die struck coins/medal have.

This is only one of the Homma medals in my collection and yes it was scanned. This particular one is the only one with this color like it may have been cleaned though I do not know if it has. This one has a smooth edge with no hanger. As I mentioned before it is silver.