News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Headdresses

Guest RLB

By the way RLB, I admit publicly that I am "in love" with your Pilotka... I do not have such an exquisite example. Please, show more of your items...

Richie C

Richie you possess fine helmets, an excellent collection.:love:

But I have paid attention that hoop for a head(sorry, I do not know what correct name of it in English) on SSh-39 is riveted anew, it is a trouble of helmets on 3 rivets. Because of fragility hoops began to produce helmets on 6 rivets.

"Please, show more of your items... "

Unfortunately I do not have helmets more, but shortly I shall buy early officer pilotka.

I generally specialize on German buckles, and the Soviet headdresses this parallel small collecting.

Vladimir

Edited by RLB

• Replies 81
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerd,

At that time when I was not in forum, mister Richie C very detailed has told about the Soviet military helmets. :beer:

I can advise to buy you Ssh-39 on three rivets, it is a guarantee that the helmet is made up to 45 years. As it is necessary to pay attention to color, it should be be brightly green on early helmets.

Unfortunately, the Soviet helmets and пилотки a wartime in Russia are very rare also cost high. A helmet approximately 200-250, and пилотка 100-400 (the price depends on one year of manufacturing)

Vladimir

Yes, that was very educating, great contribution from Richie. Thanks for the advice, Vladimir. I already assumed, it will be about 200-250 Dollar, when i find one at all. Its not urgent, as i have to pay some other things before i can afford to buy a helmet. But i want one!!!

best regards,

Gerd

Here is a special helmet from my colection that I have already shown on an other forum. It is a SSh-39 "Blokadnik" helmet with the first type liner. It is called a "Blokadnik", because it was produced in Leningrad during the 900 days siege. The quality of the shell is not so good and the steel used is very thin. Rivets are made of cooper. The liner is the rare leather variation found adapted on this SSh-39 helmet. I have not gotten a satisfactory answer as to why the liner was located with such a wide gap in the front but they all look like that. Not more than 15 000 pieces from this helmet were ever produced.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

SSh-40 Whitewashed helmet. The helmet is undated and it has the initial of the first owner. It bears the initial caracteristic of a WWII SSh-40 although. I'm not sure at 100% if this is a period whitewashed helmet. I bought it from a reliable source in Soviet militaria, but I'm always sceptical as I haven,t seen in real life an other Soviet WWII whitewashed helmet. I like to believe it is original. :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Soviet

Richie and RLB. I really like your Soviet headgears collection. Richie, it would be interesting to see more pictures from your Schvartz helmet. :)

I also have in my collection 2 SSh-36 (1 with incomplet liner and 1 ground-dug), 1 other SSh-39 with the red star, 1 WWII SSh-40 and 2post war Soviet helmets in my collection. If you are interested I can post pictures of the one you would like. I do not have any WWII pilotka yet. :(

Edited by Soviet

Hi Soviet.

I am admired with your collection. I very much would want to buy helmet Luftschutz, but I can not find.

" I do not have any WWII pilotka yet. "

Pilotka really big rarity made up to 45 year. It is rare even in Russia.

I have noticed the tendency, it is easy for me to get any German headdress, and very difficult to buy the Soviet things made up to 45 years. But all таки I still can find them with the big work.

Excellent helmets gentlemen!!! :jumping::jumping::beer:

I have a few helmets myself but lost most of my old pics in a computer burn out recently. Still have the helmets but no pics. This in combination with a new baby makes for a bit of a collection time stand still. But I'll try to get new pics when I have some spare time. Here are a couple that I posted on the Swedish collecting site: http://samlarforum.skalman.nu/viewtopic.php?t=1402

Soviet: The last helmet is a very bad copy that can fool the beginning collector. I have had my hands on this type. It is much heavier than the real ones. Not to mention that they don't look like anything like an original. But I guess they can fool somebody buying the first helmet for his collection from internet pics only.

/Kim

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

What a fabulous piece! Items produced during the sieges of the Hero Cities are especially interesting to me. I unfortunately do not own any examples of anything in that category. I know a man who does, but he is a long way from parting from them.

Again, an applaud from me for that helmet...

Richie C

Edited by RichieC

Richie, it would be interesting to see more pictures from your Schvartz helmet. :)

I also have in my collection 2 SSh-36 (1 with incomplet liner and 1 ground-dug), 1 other SSh-39 with the red star, 1 WWII SSh-40 and 2post war Soviet helmets in my collection. If you are interested I can post pictures of the one you would like. I do not have any WWII pilotka yet. :(

I regret to say, that I no longer own the Schvartz. Like I said, it, in a most peculiar way, is now an adornment on my lovely wife's finger if you know what I mean... The man I sold it to is a close friend and fellow collector, and he promised me first dibbs on buying it back if he ever chooses to sell it...

Concerning your additional helmets; Please, post them so others may see the relics ( I sort of like those. They can not be faked, as far as I know!) and can compare the post-war versions to the previous ones that were shown earlier in our thread.

The only Pilotkas I own are an EM's pea green summer weight version and a FAKE Armored officer's one...

Richie C

Edited by RichieC

Concerning your additional helmets; Please, post them so others may see the relics ( I sort of like those. They can not be faked, as far as I know!) and can compare the post-war versions to the previous ones that were shown earlier in our thread.

As resquested. Here is my SSh-36 relic helmet. This one come straight from Russia and comes from the Demjansk region. It's not in so good condition as you can see. :)

Here is my other SSh-36. The helmet is not complete. There is missing a part of the chinstrap and 2 prongs that retains the liner are not there any more, so the liner is a bit loose. It stills displays nice until I get my hand on a text book example. :unsure: