News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Headdresses

Guest RLB

• Replies 81
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the earliest one I have, a Adrian from Russian service. I don't know if the painted hammer/sickle is Civil War period or later added. But the helmet has the brown color one expects from original Czarist ones. Liner is repaired but period.

/Kim

Edited by kimj

I,too, like the pilotka!! :jumping: I need one of my own.

Doc

We almost never see old Soviet helmets, only new ones, and those are very often Warsaw Pact types, not actually Russian-made ones. So a lot of us (me too) do not know how to tell if a helmet was made in 1943... or 1983.

I like the pilotka very much-- the extra stitching around where the red star once was is a nice personalized feature! :beer:

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my "russian" helmets-I collect captured and reissued Luftschutzhelmets.....I hope you don't mind that they are not in the original russian condition,but I think they are much harder to find as many german combat helmets.First my Ssh 39 with the 2nd model liner.

Edited by Motorhead

And a question to the experts-this week another Ssh36 dropped in(I haven't seen the helmet at daylight,so I can't say it's repainted for the reissue at the Luftschutz or it's the original painting(a dark grey,green or bluegrey....)The biggest surprise for me was the liner-2nd model like my two other helmets,but with orange red foam pads around under the inner ring.I will take some pics tomorrow.....

Micha

nr2

IPB Image

This is a killer helmet! :love:

Wie viel verkaufst du es? :P

I really like the wear on your helmet. Wish I could find one like this for my collection! My Luftschutz helmet is unfortunately denazified. Thanks for sharing your helmets with us. I'll wait for your other pictures!