News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here is the only other Blockade Breaker document i have in my collection so far.

Again this is a document that can be found in many variations and i would like to see more.

Personally,i would really like to obtain one of these doc's that was given to a crewmember of the HK Thor.

After the Thor was destroyed by fire in Yokohama many of the crewmen made it back to Europe on Axis Blockade Breakers out of Japan.

This document is unfortunately in poor condition,but i got it for a song,so to speak,and it came with the the guys Soldbuch.

It is a variant of the Military document i beleive, with a feint image of the award printed on the document and with green lettering.

The signature on this particular document is unknown to me.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Here is the only BB citation I have for a radio operator. I didn't realise how small these citations were until I received this one...

Here is the only BB citation I have for a radio operator. I didn't realise how small these citations were until I received this one...

Hi Kevin,

apparently there were two types of award documents for the Blockade Breaker badge,civilian and military.

Civil award documents carry a serial number on the top right and in most cases are are smaller in size at 105mm x 145mm.

Military documents are larger and include the text "Der Oberbefehlshaber der Kriegsmarine".

Regards,Martin.

With Gordon's permission i am posting a page from his book "War Badges of the Kriegsmarine".

The text on this page gives a nice description of the the two types of award document,(civil and military) that can be found.

Regards,Martin.

Really interesting the differences between those citations,civil and military.But, can we consider as CIVIL a funker?

Hi Bob,

well,i have a limited knowledge of the German language. From what i know the word "funker" translates as a "radio operator".

I am presuming that this word be valid on an award document,whether the recipient was civil or Military ??

I hope i am understanding your question correctly. ;)

Regards,Martin.

• 5 years later...