Kappenabzeichen with german background

I want to show you my collection of austrian and german cap-badges (Kappenabzeichen) with a german background.

Tha means, either they are german ones, or austrian ones, that was worn by germans, or could have been worn by gemans (no photo-proof), or just an austrian unit under german command. I won´t show an Edelweiß, because about the Edelweiß we have a lot of threads here in the forum.

1.)

Karpathenkorps

A german unit (1. and 200. ID)

2.)

b.8.Res.Div.

A bavarian unit.

3.)

21.Korps

In that corps was the group Seekirchner. An austrian unit, commande by bavarian Gen.Lt. Seekirchner

7.)

11.Armee

a geman army with ca. 50% austrian units

8.)

47.Res.Div.

a german division, that served in the austrian 4.army

9.)

Heeresfront Erzherzog Carl

There were some german units in that front: Südarmee, 9.Armee, Heeresgruppe Mackensen

Edited by The Prussian

10.)

Armeeabteilung Woyrsh

a german unit, that served with the 2nd austria army in the Armee Woyrsch (Woyrsch commanded the Army Woyrsch and the Armeeabteilung)

11.)

b.11.Inf.Div.

a bavarian unit

12.)

Karpathen Korps Hofman

This german corps served under the geman Südarmee

Edited by The Prussian

15.)

Heeresgruppe Mackensen 1914-1915

A german unit, badge from 1914-1915

16.)

Heeresgruppe Mackensen

The same unit in 1916-1917

17.)

Heeresgruppe Mackensen in cyrillic

for the attached 3.bulgarian army

Edited by The Prussian

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I dont think any were actually made for Medal bars, just soldiers who mounted them on the bar after the war.

I think this is what you get when you order a "badge with 2 prongs"..... and what you have is when they write a letter and say "those prongs were garbage, things keep falling off, can you do 3 thin ones....?"

I have wanted one of these for years.... now finally!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Chris,

I've seen those Lindner pieces on the cards several times over the years. I had one of this style some years ago, but when I found a pin-backed example, I passed the prong- backed one along. It just seemed if I was ever going to attach it to a cap, it would be much easier to do with a safetypin style attachment.

Chip

Chris,

I've seen those Lindner pieces on the cards several times over the years. I had one of this style some years ago, but when I found a pin-backed example, I passed the prong- backed one along. It just seemed if I was ever going to attach it to a cap, it would be much easier to do with a safetypin style attachment.

Chip

I agree 100%, thats why I think these are likely to be "Version one"... and they were soon improved on with another system.

I found it sexy because of the card :-)

• 8 months later...