I want to show you my collection of austrian and german cap-badges (Kappenabzeichen) with a german background.

Tha means, either they are german ones, or austrian ones, that was worn by germans, or could have been worn by gemans (no photo-proof), or just an austrian unit under german command. I won´t show an Edelweiß, because about the Edelweiß we have a lot of threads here in the forum.

1.)

Karpathenkorps

A german unit (1. and 200. ID)

2.)

b.8.Res.Div.

A bavarian unit.

3.)

21.Korps

In that corps was the group Seekirchner. An austrian unit, commande by bavarian Gen.Lt. Seekirchner

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello! Heres is Korps Kühne, an overview of my collection and an article I wrote for the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Heereskunde   Verbandsabzeichen.pdf

"What part of Kappenabzeichen did you not understand!?"

Posted Images

4.)

3.Armee

an austrian army, in which the german Beskidenkorps had served

5.)

4.Armee

an austrian army, including th german 47.Res.Div.

6.)

7.Armee

an austrian army, who had the german Korps Marshall in line

7.)

11.Armee

a geman army with ca. 50% austrian units

8.)

47.Res.Div.

a german division, that served in the austrian 4.army

9.)

Heeresfront Erzherzog Carl

There were some german units in that front: Südarmee, 9.Armee, Heeresgruppe Mackensen

Edited by The Prussian

10.)

Armeeabteilung Woyrsh

a german unit, that served with the 2nd austria army in the Armee Woyrsch (Woyrsch commanded the Army Woyrsch and the Armeeabteilung)

11.)

b.11.Inf.Div.

a bavarian unit

12.)

Karpathen Korps Hofman

This german corps served under the geman Südarmee

Edited by The Prussian

15.)

Heeresgruppe Mackensen 1914-1915

A german unit, badge from 1914-1915

16.)

Heeresgruppe Mackensen

The same unit in 1916-1917

17.)

Heeresgruppe Mackensen in cyrillic

for the attached 3.bulgarian army

Edited by The Prussian

18.)

Deutsche Südarmee

A german unit including austrian divisions unde command of Gen.d.Inf. v. Linsingen

19.)

Heeregruppe Böhm-Ermolli

I 191 the german Südamee stood unde command of tha group

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I dont think any were actually made for Medal bars, just soldiers who mounted them on the bar after the war.

I think this is what you get when you order a "badge with 2 prongs"..... and what you have is when they write a letter and say "those prongs were garbage, things keep falling off, can you do 3 thin ones....?"

I have wanted one of these for years.... now finally!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Chris,

I've seen those Lindner pieces on the cards several times over the years. I had one of this style some years ago, but when I found a pin-backed example, I passed the prong- backed one along. It just seemed if I was ever going to attach it to a cap, it would be much easier to do with a safetypin style attachment.

Chip

Chris,

I've seen those Lindner pieces on the cards several times over the years. I had one of this style some years ago, but when I found a pin-backed example, I passed the prong- backed one along. It just seemed if I was ever going to attach it to a cap, it would be much easier to do with a safetypin style attachment.

Chip

I agree 100%, thats why I think these are likely to be "Version one"... and they were soon improved on with another system.

I found it sexy because of the card :-)

I think he ain´t got germanic or bavarian roots. Note the uniform. He wears an Verwundetenabzeichen (since march 1918) and an "old" 07/10 tunic with prussian buttons!

Probably the reserve regiment got their uniforms from prussian magazines

• 8 months later...