News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some medals of Okuma Shigenobu, 17th Prime Minister of Japan

fukuoka

• Replies 123
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard,

thanks again for the nice pictures from the collection of Okuma.

The Belgian one is the Grandcross order of Leopold (civil division). The case is wrong; belongs to the Italian order of the Crown (U on the lid is for Umberto)

The second order is the Grandcross of the order of the Red Eagle of Prussia and the third one is the grandcross of the order of Villa Vicosa of Portugal.

Pieter

Chris,

I am a digillitarate and don't know how to put pictures on GMIC. But if you go to the site of Richard (imperialjapanmedalsandbadges) under Grandcordon a picture is shown of Kato's order of the Chrysanthemum document, which he received posthumously on 28 January 1926. The Grandcordon shown by Richard is not Kato's, but his looks exactly the same.

Hope this is of some use to you,

Pieter

Pieter,

That's ok for me, for sure!

BTW, if you have further information (documents, pictures, etc.) about Kato Takaaki, please feel free to contact me via pm.

BR, Chris

• 3 weeks later...