News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Italian Representaive in Warsaw mid to late 1930's

This photograph of an unidentified Italian who seems to have been some sort of liason officer or military attache in Warsaw in the late 1930s. There is also a photo of a lady who may be his wife. Can anyone help to identify either of these people please.

Many thanks.

Hi, the name of the man coud be LUCIANO VELLARDO or VELTARDO... but I still don´t know who he is.

Why are you saying he could have been some sort of liason officer or military attache in Warsaw in the late 1930s ?

I´ll keep on searching

Regards

HI Ostuf,

Many thanks. I'm sure the frirst name is Liciano but the second name is more difficult. I think he may have been one of the staff at the Italian Embassy in Warsaw because most of the photos in this collection were inscribed to the Italian Military Attache in Warsaw Mario Marazzaniwho served in that capacity from 1933 to 1937.

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian, the name of the woman is Cecilia (that´s her signature). The name of the man is Luciano. If you analyze his surname, you can read VELLARDO, VELTARDO or VELTARSO. I can´t find any reference on any of these names, unluckily. The picture was taken in Klagenfurt (Austria) if I´m correct...By now is all I can say about it

Regards

Daniel