News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

i ve not many bavarian bars in my collection.

So would like to add these two.

first one from brave Unteroffizier Johann Mennacher.

Very nice bar, gratulations.

Mennacher was member of the bavarian Infanterie Leibregiment.

He also got the Leiberring Nr. 147 and the Edelweiss .

Do you have the complete military heritage of him?

Hello,

it was allowed to fix this coin on bar.

The ribbon was the same as the Jubiläumsmedaillie

The coin was given without any ring.

Spolei

Do we know (a) why a coin was given, rather than a medal, and (b) why the recipient was entited to wear it like a medal? Was it issued to all those who were entitled to a Jubilee medal or did it have a wider circulation? Sorry for all these questions but this seems like an interesting anomaly.

Edited by Trooper_D

Finally with an Epson scanner I can add the "best" German Imperial bar in my collection... A twin to Ulsterman's in Post #44

Nice bar of an Vizefeldwebel.

The MVK is a late production from the manufacturer Leser.

the servicemedal is silverplated.

Nice bar of an Vizefeldwebel.

The MVK is a late production from the manufacturer Leser.

the servicemedal is silverplated.

Thanks, Andreas, appreciate the info. I guessed correctly concerning the Leser based on your MVK thread!

Spolei

Do we know (a) why a coin was given, rather than a medal, and (b) why the recipient was entited to wear it like a medal? Was it issued to all those who were entitled to a Jubilee medal or did it have a wider circulation? Sorry for all these questions but this seems like an interesting anomaly.

Hello,

This medal should shared to all troops. which had Bavarian King Ludwig III as owner.

The end of the war prevented the deal out. In 1922 the coins were found and given to Kronprinz Rupprecht, who spend this medals after the burial of King Ludwig III to loyal bavarians. It was allowed to fix this coin to the medal bar, as a civillian bavarian decoration.

Sorry about my bad english, but it is difficult with less knowledge and a bad translatorprogramm this special themes to translate.

Hello,

This medal should shared to all troops. which had Bavarian King Ludwig III as owner.

The end of the war prevented the deal out. In 1922 the coins were found and given to Kronprinz Rupprecht, who spend this medals after the burial of King Ludwig III to loyal bavarians. It was allowed to fix this coin to the medal bar, as a civillian bavarian decoration.

Sorry about my bad english, but it is difficult with less knowledge and a bad translatorprogramm this special themes to translate.

Spolei

Don't worry about your English - this was a fascinating story and deserved the wider telling you have given it. Many thanks.

Edited by Trooper_D

Hello Dante,

that is another intersting bar. The MVK is a late Hemmerle ( 1918). The rank of this NCO was Offizierstellvertreter. Can you show us the backside?

The Hochzeitsmedaillie was coloured golden ( that was also allowed).

The bar shows the FEK (Frontkämpferehrenkreuz), so it would be assembled after 1934.

Edited by spolei

Here another two with rare official`s ribbon.

Especially the MVO is very rare with it. The bar

belonged to a padre (priest). (they say less than ~ 600 times awarded)

best

Schulz

Hptwachtmstr.

Here another two with rare official`s ribbon.

Especially the MVO is very rare with it. The bar

belonged to a padre (priest). (they say less than ~ 600 times awarded)

best

Schulz

Hptwachtmstr.

Edited by ixhs

• 1 month later...