News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Group of Feuerwerksleutnant.a.D. Karl Porske. From 04.07.1917 - 10.05.1919 at Führer der Marine-Luftschiffe (FdL).

Eisernes Kreuz 2.Kl.

Eisernes Kreuz 1.Kl.

Friedrich-August-Kreuz 2.Kl.

Friedrich-August-Kreuz 1.Kl.

Hanseatenkreuz Hamburg

Preußen - Dienstauszeichnung für 25 J

Erinnerungsabzeichen für Besatzungen von Marineluftschiffe

Türkei - Rettungsmedaille

Türkei - Saniya-Medaille

attachicon.gifFwkLt Karl Porske.jpg attachicon.gifKarl Porske.jpg

that photo is amazing, as are all these badges. I wish I had something to contribute, but I dont have anything German aviation specific right now. These pieces are wonderful.

Medal bar of KptLt Johannes von Lossnitzer, commander of L 16, LZ 120, L41 and L 70. He died during the last raid over England. Onboard of L 70 was also FrgKpt Peter Strasser.

07.01.1911 Preußen - Rettungsmedaille
    06.08.1915 Sachsen - Albrecht Orden Ritter 2 mit Schwertern
    03.03.1916 Bayern - MVO 4.Kl.mit Schwertern
    00.00.1916 Schamburg-Lippe - Kriegsverdienstkreuz
    15.11.1917 Coburg-Gotha - SEHO Ritter 1.Kl.mit Schwertern

Like Maat Johann Holz (L 37) Lossnitzer as commander of LZ 120 was part of Operation Albion on the baltic sea together with L 30, L 37, SL 8 , SL 20 and LZ 113.

Here a list of the raids he led as commander of LZ 120

04.09.1917 LZ 120. Bombenangriff auf Lombau
    07.09.1917 LZ 120. Aufklärungsfahrt am Baltischen Meer.
    08.09.1917 LZ 120. Bombenangriff auf Walk
    24.09.1917 LZ 120. Bombenangriff auf Lombau
    10.10.1917 LZ 120. Angriff auf Libau
    15.10.1917 LZ 120. Bombenangriff auf Pernau

Regards

Alex

Edited by jaba1914

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Stan;

Your collection is wonderful! Especially the Naval Land Pilot badge. I look at it with longing. I have a void where that would fit nicely. ;) Your Naval Air Gunner's badge is the first I've ever seen.

Thanks for showing them all.

Thank for your excellent contribution. Marvelous badges.

@Claudius

The reason why you don't seen a naval air gunnar badge is because this was never instituted.

Stan's badge is a great Meybauer army air gunnar with an old gilded. Possible worn by a navy guy.

In the navy NCOs and EMs could be trained to observer so there was no need of an special function for an air gunnar.

Regards

Alex

Superb pieces! Alex such wonderful groups! Here are a few of my oldies but goodies, some of whom have found new homes to haunt!

A love this gaggle of Ehrenpreise. Who knew there was such variations in wings. It looks like a flipbook of early animation. The birds are flapping their wings!

137-3726_IMG_zps12be4654.jpg

Great stuff, Stan. Who was the Ehrenpreis awarded to?

I have no idea who it was awarded to as the plate is missing but according to Alex there were only 8 or 10 of these Ehrenpreise awarded to pilots for sinking ships.

It rather looks as if my piece was formerly in the collection of Luftmensch (the Ehrenpreis in the centre of his photo).

Regards,

Stan

Hi, Stan. I don't remember those swung dashes on my engraving. Do you have finishing nail holes on the other side of the plinth? My Ehrenpreis had the same wording for the action and then a missing name/date plate on the opposite side. It had been removed for anonymity and then the birds swivelled round (I could see the track in the wood) to face the other side. So originally the birds faced the nameplate. I had Theo Osterkamp's Ehrenpreis with just one plate and only the date of his first kill. So quite a lot of variation in engraving.

Edited by Luftmensch

Bingo. Hope you're feeding them regularly and changing their paper!

Another good tell is the lousy design inside the plinth. That screw is too short. Saw it on all my birds. They tend to flop about after they get too old.

Really nice items in this thread!

John, all of us tend to flop about after we start getting "too" old, however, it's better than the alternative to not getting older. ;-)

Edited by Les

• 3 weeks later...

A nice picture of the flying personal of Landfliegerstation (LFS) Hage at the Nordsee. Interesting are the different uniforms.

attachicon.gifLFS Hage_.jpg

Regards

Alex

And six(?) flieger badges showing! I can't see them all clearly, maybe seven? Great photo! Can you name any of the gentlemen?

Does the sixth man from the right have a cufftitle on his sleeve?