News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here a picture of the later navy ace Flugmaat Albin Buhl (6 victories) taken at SFS Windau on the day he got the IC 2.

He served with SFS List, SFS Windau, SFS Flandern I, Seefrontstaffel , Marine-Jagd-Staffel IV.

Fl.Mt. Albin Buhl (vs).jpg

Edited by jaba1914

On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 06:33, jaba1914 said:

Here a picture of the later navy ace Flugmaat Albin Buhl (6 victories) taken at SFS Windau on the day he got the IC 2.

He served with SFS List, SFS Windau, SFS Flandern I, Seefrontstaffel , Marine-Jagd-Staffel IV.

Fl.Mt. Albin Buhl (vs).jpg

Great photo.  Both the badge and the patch are showing well.  That patch is really nice!

• 3 weeks later...

Here we have the picture of one H. Backhausen from Lehe. I´m not so sure what badge he´s wearing - first I thought it was an airgunners badge...

Regards

Hagrid

Backhausen.JPG

Backhausen Abzeichen.jpg

And another Picture from the net:

Seefliegerstation List, the pilots name is Karl Klussmann and he´should be the man on the left.

(The guy doesn´t look like it, though. Maybe  the information is not true - I would think of him as one of the men in leather  ...)

Note how big the naval airplanes were!

Regards

Hagrid

Karl Klußmann List links.jpg

Edited by Hagrid

• 2 weeks later...

Another aquisition from the last days is this text book square punch see pilot badge. It is the silver gilded version. Although the square stemp is missing it is a nice piece of this maker without any modifications as seen on many of this pieces.

This one cames from the estate of Flugzeugmatrose Riecker (II. SFA), awarded on 25.03.1916

Regards
    Alex

MaSFA - Quadrat-Silber-massiv (vs).JPG

MaSFA - Quadrat-Silber-massiv (rs).JPG

Edited by jaba1914

• 3 months later...
    • 1 month later...

It is quit here.
    This unique group of Flugmechanikerobermaat August Remy the mechanic of "Wölfchen" from SMH Wolf arrived me. He was together with Flugmeister d. S. I Paul Fabeck (P) und Vizeflugmeister d.R. Alexander Stein (B) the flying personal onbord of SMH Wolf. SMH Wolf was the world wide first ship that by default was equipped with an airplane.

Fl.Mech.Ob.Mt. August Remy.JPG

document for EK1 for achievment onbord SMH Wolf

BZ EK 1.jpg

pictures with Remy

Remy.jpg

Remy2.jpg

Kind regards

Alex

Edited by jaba1914

The SMH Wolf was quite the surface Raider.  She roamed out mid-war, laying mines and capturing ships before returning in 1918 with her seized goods.  The onboard Friedrichshafen two-seater really contributed to her success and Remy was part of that success.

Thanks for showing it here! 

I'm glad that you guys appreciate this group like me. It is indeed a historical goup even Remy was "oly" a mehanic.
    I'm working on a public spay of thi group with some more pieces related to SMH Wolf.

I hope you guay keepthis thread live. Go on showing your treasures from imeperial german aviation.

Kind regards
    Alex

• 1 month later...

A couple of days ago I got a small group of pictures from the german navy air service includes this one.

This is a old postcard (not a modern reproduction) showing an see pilot and navy observer badge from Schaper.

PK - Schaper Abzeichen.jpg

Great picture.

Kind regards Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Nice and interesting photo Hagrid !

The photo might have been taken at the Fokker Schule Putzig which was establish in mid Oct 1916. However at this stage the Fokker E was no longer usable as an front line line aircraft.

Gunnar

Hi Gunnar!

The picture is clipped from an album and titled  "1. Fokkertraining at Sandhofen" (thats near Mannheim) - should be January 1916.

I misread one name, though:

From the left are depicted: Wirth, Hauptmann (died), Arns, Mayer, Haggenmüller, Schnell and Ditzuleit, naval landplane flyers alltogether. There was another picture of the same bunch...

Regards

Hagrid

Haggemüller Ditzuleit Abzeichen2.jpg

Edited by Hagrid

• 8 months later...
    • 4 weeks later...

I was lucky last week and I got the awarded Seeflieger Badge from Otto Hess.

It is made from Bronze by H. Schaper.

It's looks like he was wearing this badge a long time and he has polished it very often.

Regards Seeheld

Marine Seeflieger-Abzeichen Otto Hess as 001.jpg

Marine Seeflieger-Abzeichen Otto Hess rs 001.jpg