News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal and ribbon bar of Lt Heinrich Kessler, pilot at FFA 58 / FA A 284.

12.01.15 Ernestinischer-Hausorden: Silbernes Verdienstkreuz mit Schwertern (RIR 233) (347 awards)
    11.11.16 Sachsen-Meiningen: Ehrenzeichen für Verdienst im Krieg (FFA 58) (3924 Verleihungen)

He is the only known member of the aviation service who had this combination.

Hello to everyone,

One more....

1914 EK 2

Honor Cross for Merit in War – Enlisted (Duchy of Saxe-Meiningen)

Cross of Honor

Bulgarian Soldier's Cross of Bravery 4th Class w/swords

20 years of loyal a diligent service to the Chamber of Agriculture in Lower Silesia

Dean

Edited by Signalcorps45

... as a non Länder collector, what are the awards? ...

Sächsische Herzogtümer, Hausorden, Verdienstkreuz (OEK 2496)

Herzogtum Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha: Ovale silberne Carl-Eduard-Medaille (1911-1920) (OEK 2665)

Zarentum Bulgarien: Silbernes Verdienstkreuz des Zivilverdienstordens (2. Modell 1908-1944)

Herzogtum Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha: Ehrenzeichen für Heimatverdienst (1918-1919) (OEK 2692)

Ehrendenkmünze des Weltkrieges in vermutlich privater Vergoldung

Medaille des Kyffhäuserbundes, ebenfalls vergoldet

Regards, Komtur.

Hello to everyone,

I have found it amazing to see all the Imperial German medal bars that have been posted recently. I thought I would keep it going.

1914 EK 2

General Honor Decoration w/swords and clasp in Gold

General Honor Decoration w/swords and clasp in Silver

Cross of Honor

1914-1918 Hungarian Service Medal

1914-1918 Bulgarian Commemorative

Dean

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted (edited) · Hidden by Dave Danner, February 7, 2013 - Wrong thread, no option to delete that I can see.
    Hidden by Dave Danner, February 7, 2013 - Wrong thread, no option to delete that I can see.

sorry, I´m wrong about Kingdom of saxe and saxon duchies...

Edited by hipnos
    Posted (edited) · Hidden by Dave Danner, February 7, 2013 - Wrong thread, no option to delete that I can see.
    Hidden by Dave Danner, February 7, 2013 - Wrong thread, no option to delete that I can see.

sorry wrong editing, I don´t know how I can delete the whole post!!

Edited by hipnos
    • 4 weeks later...

I found this frackspange at the SOS. The Ernestine Knight 1st is gold and is probably pre-war. The Reuss 3rd Class w/Crown is a wartime award in spite of no swords as the ribbon is the wartime type that, per Nimmergut, was correct for this after sometime in 1915. The Iron Cross ribbon indicates that he did make it into the combat zone but, the Hindenburg shows that he was a noncombatant.

I found this frackspange at the SOS. The Ernestine Knight 1st is gold and is probably pre-war. The Reuss 3rd Class w/Crown is a wartime award in spite of no swords as the ribbon is the wartime type that, per Nimmergut, was correct for this after sometime in 1915. The Iron Cross ribbon indicates that he did make it into the combat zone but, the Hindenburg shows that he was a noncombatant.

Hi,

Fantastic bar!!

Another possibility would be a black ribboned EK for service on the home front.

best

Chris

I published a list of awards from Reuß jüngere Linie several years ago. There were three awards of this version - the Fürstlich Reußisches Ehrenkreuz 3. Klasse mit der Krone am Bande der Kriegsdekoration. I don't know how complete the list is - the list only included awards gazetted in the Amts- und Verordnungsblatt des Fürstentums Reuß jüngere Linie.

One of these three had the LD1, Gustav Weißflog. He was a Kommerzienrat and factory owner in Gera, and a Rittm.d.L.a.D. I have no idea if he had the Ernestine House Order - he didn't have it in the 1909 Deutsche Ordens-Almanach. Landwehr officers weren't included in the Ehrenrangliste, so I don't know if he was recalled in World War I. He was born in 1865, so it seems possible that he was called up, but not sent to the front. His factory was the Ernst Friedrich Weißflog Kammwollwarenfabrik. Kammwoll is Worsted wool, so he was likely involved in making uniforms, blankets, or the like for the Army, which would justify the Ehrenkreuz without swords but on the war ribbon.

I have rolls for Reuß jüngere Linie, but haven't compiled them yet. The rolls are apparently only for awards made directly by the Fürstlich Ministerium Gera, so they don't have most war awards with swords. After a quick look through them, I see about a dozen awards of this class.

The rolls for Reuß älterer Linie apparently no longer exist.

So Gustav Weißflog might be a good possibility, especially if the Ernestine award can be found, but I can't say with certainty since we will never have complete rolls.