News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Japanese Capital Rehabilitation Commemoration medal

Gensui

Really?!

We don't trust to anyone! :lol:

Well, check the Rich site and I bet you'll see one in the section devoted to this medal.

There were a couple of them at YJ, so he definitely should have the pictures :whistle:

No, not so much about trusting - but things are somewhat up to a degree of scrutiny without evidence. Cases are pretty good evidence of officialdom, at least I think so! Documents are not as that is merely a name, and we know awards were given to both men and women in I'd imagine every instance! I have seen the woman's medals on Rich's site but there was no case shown, hence my tremendous interest! One reason for me being skeptical is photographic evidence of women wearing the Imperial Constitution Medal that is on the normal ribbon, not a bow, though there examples of this medal on a bow - which begs the question, was the bow official or not? Or were they fabrications to sex something up to appear to be more rare, or were they simply custom-made for the recipient at their request?

It is not surprising that the Capital Rehabilitation medal would be on a bow. But I do wonder about the rhyme and reason for some medals to be, and some to not be. Like the Taisho Enthronement Medal, but not the National Census medal. Perhaps it is purely financial? I'd imagine the woman's ribbon to be more expensive than the normal ribbons, so maybe the decision to do this went with the times based on the numbers expected to be issued? I just don't know, but I am very curious.

Well, I guess it depends on one's definition of "mint". This one isn't mint in my humble opinion. You can see soiling on the ribbon, probably shows more in photos than to the naked eye - but still. The medallion ain't bad, but if the claim is mint, it's gotta be the whole deal! ;) Note the upper lid panel is missing too.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for this stupid question, but what is so special on the Showa 7

NOTHING! :lol:

Simply another paper wrap...

Issued in March 1932 ...

Name of the medal, date and made by Japan mint ...

But the colleague dream always was a very special, sacred thing for me :lol:

Sorry for this stupid question, but what is so special on the Showa 7 wrap?

To get it right, there are wrap papers with the year Showa 5 (1930) and 6 (1931)?

Nothing more than is says "7"!! Just that it is different from 5 and 6. This is the kind of thing I love about collecting, all the subtle albeit typically unimportant differences. You should see me with the Showa Enthronment medal. Gotta collect a wrapper from every year, month, and maker!! ;):lol::speechless: Now it's my mission to get a Showa 7 Capital Rehabilitation medal. :jumping:

Yeah!

Whole new biz...

They call it wrapperistik!

Cool idea, Nick! I think I will safe money for a new printer. Might be not that difficult to get any authentic paper (Nick, any connection to the paper-mafia?). And then - let's start a new business!

I accept any offers! Showa 7? Showa 12? No problem - customer is king! :D