News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1957 version Oakleaves

Hello

I have just received these 57 re-issue version of the Oakleaves. Can anyone say whether these are actually a 57 re-issue item ? The rear of the oakleaves is flat, and even with the 57 version, especially the earlier type, I thought that they should be slightly dished. Or are there variations of these, ie from different makers ?

Any help or comments greatly appreciated.

Hello David ,

They look like a cast copy to me , i only have one set of 1957 Oaks that came from Martin Steglich and they are dished slightly and have better detail . Going off these i,d give that set a miss .

That,s the trouble these days looking for good 1957 pieces , everyone is realising that WW2 collectors are more knowledgable and won't be suckered in by these fakes so they put em on Ebay and say they're 1957 versions which are going up in value and hey presto they sell em !

There,s one guy on English Ebay at the moment who,s selling what he thinks are 1957 badges with diamonds when in fact they are poor WW2 fake badges with diamonds .

The modern collector pieces you can buy all day long but the early vet pieces are getting really tough to find now .

Edited by Grant Broadhurst

Hello

Thanks for this Grant. You have confirmed my suspicion that this isn't a 57 piece. I didn't like the look of them as soon as I opened the case. Even my late version 57 oaks - the cheap glittery looking ones - are slightly dished.

These are now going back for a refund. The sad thing is these aren't off E-Bay, they came from Philipp Militaria in Germany and were sold as genuine 1957 re-issue oakleaves with case.

Back to the quest then of finding a set of early issue 57 oakleaves.

Hello

I see Laurence has already provided you with the web link to Philipp Militaria. They do sell some good stuff, including Knights Crosses etc, many of which I seen discussed in other places and all have had the 'thumbs up'. Everyone is entitled to a mistake, so I'm returning these but will still probably buy from them again.

Hello

Just to complete the story, I contacted Philipp Militaria who said send them back. On the same day that they received the oakleaves back I was refunded. No problems, no dramas, just a dealer who delivered on their inspection / originality refund promises.

Guest Darrell

Hello

Just to complete the story, I contacted Philipp Militaria who said send them back. On the same day that they received the oakleaves back I was refunded. No problems, no dramas, just a dealer who delivered on their inspection / originality refund promises.

I have dealt with them quite a bit. They deserve a definite Thumbs UP :beer:

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

Adding onto this thread - would anyone be able to date these Oaks.

I believe that they are authentic S+L but I would be most interested to find out when they were manufactured.

Reverse in concave with a '800' mark.

Regards ...

Edited by hagwalther