News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

f.o. AUX CRUISER, opinions

• 1 month later...
    Guest tyanacek

Hello Mark,

I believe your badge is original, but it looks to me like it was repainted. I don't like the gold coloring at all. The viking ship on these badges would have been finished in gold as well as the wreath and eagle, so I don't see how the wreath and eagle could have all that finish and the ship has none left. Also, I can't tell for sure, but is that a silver finish on the viking ship, or is that just the color of the base metal? It looks almost too shiny to be zink. As far as I know, these badges made by Friedrich Orth were in zink only. Here is a picture of an f.o. Auxiliary Cruiser Badge from my collection. The badge is zink, and weighs 27.5 grams.

Best regards! Tom

[attachmentid=31398]

Guest tyanacek

Here is the reverse of my badge. The hardware looks the same as yours. The wear of the reverse finish on your badge does not look natural to me. You might want to try using a bit of lacquer thinner on a small area of the reverse. If the finish comes off easily, you can be sure that the finish is not original.

Best regards! Tom

[attachmentid=31399]

Guest tyanacek

Here is the Friedrich Orth maker mark from my badge. I wish I could post larger pictures, but the system won't allow me to do so.

Best regards! Tom

[attachmentid=31400]