News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

3rd Reich Medal bars... Show Yours!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Kev in Deva. Love those enamelled awards!

Gary B

Dear Sir, :beer: with regard "ROMANIAN MEDALS" Post 55973.

Only the last medal is Romanian, the second last is Bulgarian.

Kev in Deva. :beer:

• 4 years later...

Very Nice Collection, I hope to find some old medal bars from Iraq. I am so looking forward for the market to open up to them, thank you for sharing your collection:)

Lorenzo

Hi Gary,

This forum never ceases to amaze me. For some reason I missed your inital posts so this is the fist Ive seen them.

What a great collection! :jumping:

Thanks for posting them.

Regards

Brian

Edited by Brian Wolfe

• 2 months later...

Very nice collection. You're the prove that medal bars are addictive!

This kind of stuff is a great passion of mine, but I had to let my collection go few years back to focus on my major interest.

But it is always nice to see a collection like yours!

Thanks for sharing,

Douglas

Italian Africa Campaign. This bar came from the veterans family and all of the associated paperwork.

Great bar, Gary. Was the recipient a member of the Luftwaffe? I ask becuase I don't think I've seen the Italo-German Medal awarded to anyone in the Heer or KM.

Great bar, Gary. Was the recipient a member of the Luftwaffe? I ask becuase I don't think I've seen the Italo-German Medal awarded to anyone in the Heer or KM.

Hi Brian,

Yes the recipient of the bar was a member of the Luftwaffe; Hauptmann Jacob Schmidt was a flak officer. The bar was part of a grouping which included his soldbuch and other awards. All were split up in an auction. I treid to get as much of the grouping as possible but was only successful on the bar. I did manage to print off the soldbuch from the auction sitre which shows his awards of all the medals on this bar.

Gary B

• 2 years later...