3rd Reich Medal bars... Show Yours!

HI Stormrider, 

Nice bars.  Your Hindenburg Cross with the clips on the reverse is for mounting it to a larger multi place medal bar.  Single parade mounts were made with these backing clips so they could be attached to a larger metal plate with corresponding slits and a pin back.  The individually mounted medals were then mounted to this larger metal plate to create a large medal bar.  

I do not have a picture of one but it is similar to the ribbon bars of the same construction type.

Gary B

15 hours ago, Gary B said:

HI Stormrider, 

Nice bars.  Your Hindenburg Cross with the clips on the reverse is for mounting it to a larger multi place medal bar.  Single parade mounts were made with these backing clips so they could be attached to a larger metal plate with corresponding slits and a pin back.  The individually mounted medals were then mounted to this larger metal plate to create a large medal bar.  

I do not have a picture of one but it is similar to the ribbon bars of the same construction type.

Gary B

Hi Gary, I figured as such but with this hobby (and that medal in particular), anything goes. ;) 

27 minutes ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

Hi Stormrider, the one wit the Bulgarian one mounted first is very interesting!!

Hi Chris, I agree. I wonder who this man was? 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎25‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 05:06, Stormrider59 said:

A bit battered (laundered) but still impressive 11 place Ribbon Bar, I'd love to know which Austrian Ribbon pertains to which medal. :) 

38628173931_2f1e396477_c.jpg

We can assume it´s an officer´s ribbon bar, therefore the austrian ribbons would (but must not!) be in common: Militärverdienstkreuz 3. Kl., Silberne Militärverdienstmedaille, Bronzene Militärverdienstmedaille, Karl-Truppenkreuz, Hindenburgkreuz, Österr. Kriegsmedaille, Jubiläumskreuz 1908 and Mobilisierungskreuz 1912-13.

Regards

Christian

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2018 at 18:42, Stojan said:

Hello, I have this badge of hand-to-hand combat, the seller assured me it is original, but I would like to know other opinions, I would appreciate someone telling me what you think.

Best regards.

IMG_20180119_143209722-3120x2340.thumb.jpg.3da2eeb2099e1c50625d7e947fd05e4a.jpgIMG_20180119_143214537-3120x2340.thumb.jpg.1fc8047c1b06fc4a4aa267b9bcec8161.jpg

You better open a new thread, so this on stays on track.

On 2/15/2016 at 04:05, Paul R said:

I only have two bars.  One, I showed already.  This is the second. 

Max's Final large.jpg

Wow.Heavy stuff here! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2006 at 14:32, Gary B said:

1 more 5 place

5_Place_Medal_Bar__39_EK2__WMC_with_Swords__Russian_Front__Czech_Occ__LS4_.jpg

5_Place_Medal_Bar__39_EK2__WMC_with_Swords__Russian_Front__Czech_Occ__LS4_.jpg

Wow, Gary, did you rob a museum! :)   Most of my medal bars have ribbons with a bit of dirt and a couple of them have a small stain or two.  Every one of your bars look like they were put under glass in a museum as soon as they were made.  Awesome collection!

Edited by camelneck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a Trucker... This guy was a truck driver and a ww1 veteran. as far as i know he made some surplus diverys to the Westwall as civilian worker and got the Westwall medal. Later the War Merit medal.

20180429_210047-788x591.jpg

Still a neat combo

That bar looks familiar Gary.

Not persay a bar.Parade mounts without pins from same recipient.

5FD7BDC6-7ADE-49B9-B7F0-0919609F34DD.jpeg

Indeed it should look familiar : )   Good memory.  Nice Danzig pieces!

Gary B

Edited by Gary B

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...