News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Chris

You want to just make a logged walled pit for a mortar? An underground bunker is a LOT of work especially 4 room jobs, it nearly killed me the 'main room' oak roof beams each weighted 250-300lb the front door 200 for example.

Best

Eric

I've wanted a small artillery piece for years with the intention of making a gun emplacement in our small bush lot in the back of the property. Something with sand bags etc. to look like a hidden gun emplacement. I've recently been told that Linda will tollerate almost any of my "odd" ideas regarding collecting but a cannon of any size, shape or type will be the final straw.

I mention this as you are not the only one who comes up with ideas that seem to bewilder our wives and perhaps drives them over the edge.

Good luck my friend, just remember that in marridge, if you are going to dance on the mine field you will have to get used to being called "stumpy".

Regards

Brian

• 2 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Chris

Been reading the Brits had a red painted mortar round for each gun in case they had to abandon, time delay and explode in the breech did the Germans have similar?

Eric

I've got a Nachrichten round for the light MW. Never could find an H.E. version. Sold my Granatenwerfer years ago. Still have a message round for it.

Chip

Edited by Chip

• 3 years later...

Our unit is currently full, but there are plenty of units on both side who are hungry for new members. You should contact the Great War Association. This is the parent organization above all of the individual units/clubs.

http://www.great-war-assoc.org/

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Spandau
    typo