News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

order of lenin

Per Durov's 2005 book, your Order of Lenin was definitely manufactured between 1951 and 1955 and could have been awarded to a Soviet citizen at any point up to the end of the USSR. Many were shipped out to government offices that had virtually no call to award the medal more than a few times a year and, for that reason, the order you have could have sat in a drawer for many years before finally being awarded...

Regards

yes records seem a bit vague

the only history I know of the order was that it was purchased from Spinks auction house in 1997

I have looked around and came up with the info that it was issued in roughly 1953 its a type 6 and variation 1 other than that I'm lost and have no idea of where to look for information of who it was awarded to etc

I have attached links to images of the order not the best but the only camera I had available

You can use the "more reply options" to eventually upload pictures directly on the forum. If you have any difficuilties PM me.

I agree that this should be circa 1953 (or later). Using the Durov classification this should be a type 4, sub type 2, variant b. Its a type 6 variation 1 under the Mc Daniel Schmitt classification. It carries the Leningradski Monetny Dvor (Leningrad Mint) mark.

What you have is probably a long service award or even worse....brace yourself....a civilian lenin. In terms of research, it may prove to be boring and not a fraction as prestigious as a real combat Lenin.

Still, a Lenin is always a Lenin. :-)

Regards,

Jim :cheers: