News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German 3.7cm Flak and 12 Pounder

Light German 3.7cm Flak

and two projectiles (who do you call it in engl ?) from a brit. 12 pounder.
    theese both should be fired on the end of the war in my homevillage...
    some stupid kids from the Hitlerjugend fired with Kleinkaliber rifles on a british jeep..
    the revenge was 1 hour heavy fire by the britains...

Edited by shiggert

Hello

The correct term in English would be "shell casings". That is an interesting stroy, and from what I have read it was a common occurance in an effort to avoid casualties for the Allies. No white flags or any sign of resistance, and they would fire artillery.

What are "Kleinkaliber rifles"?

Larry

Hi Larry...

okay.. shell casings... still learning...

Kleinkaliber means small bore rifle..

it happens in elstorf near hamburg... it must be the 11th hussars... they stand in elstorf for a few days..

they also have a headquarter in a restaurant near Buchholz the restaurant called "hohe luft" and still exists.

from Elstorf they went on the Autobahn to Vahrendorf near Hamburg Harburg... there was a last offensive of a group "SS Hitlerjugend" called "Panzerteufel" (tankdevil)

Edited by shiggert

The hussars camped some days in Elstorf.

My homevillage... I found the shells in an old bam. In the neighbourhood of my grandparents house.

Their house was hidden by a granade too.

The shells are dated 1944.

the hussars collected weapons, binoculars, bicycles and other stuff and overdrived it with a tank. From Elstorf they went to Daerstorf.

From Rade over Elstorf to Daerstorf were some heavy battles. In Elstorf a young beit. soldier died in his tank... He lays a few days in our church.

Here is a picture...

I also have some fotos...