News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Decorations from the collections of the Serbian museums

paja

Paul, thank you again! I have to check but I think I wasn't able to dig up photos of him wearing that Persian order so far.
    Could be that he's thinking, damn you people, I just spent two years waging wars against the Turks, at least let me shave before we continue :)

Edited by paja

• 4 weeks later...
    • Replies 671
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time I visit the Military Muesum I'll try to make as much photos as I can and post them in this topic...
    Until then - a flag used on Yugoslav submarine Nebojša (Небојша) and Junkers JU87 tail found here.
    01.jpg

02.jpg

Edited by paja

It looks like the name of the regiment ends with -ЂА so possibly "КАРАЂОРЂА" (KARAĐORĐA) which means the flag from the last photo could belong to 11th infantry regiment.
    IR 11 was awarded with the Order of the Star of Karađorđe with Swords 3rd class so that third class with the missing central medallions is probably missing the swords as well. 

Since we are talking about regimental flags there's one in Vienna today. It was bought by the Museum in 2013 on Andreas Thies' auction #53, more information can be found here
    Katalog 53. Auktion 2. Februar 2013_Page_02_Image_0001.jpg
    Katalog 53. Auktion 2. Februar 2013_Page_02_Image_0002.jpg
    Katalog 53. Auktion 2. Februar 2013_Page_03_Image_0001.jpg
    Katalog 53. Auktion 2. Februar 2013_Page_03_Image_0002.jpg

Edited by paja

• 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

A few more from Wiki.
    People's Hero, Partisan Star 1st Class, Brotherhood & Unity 1st Class and Order of National Liberation, scarce Soviet type!

11.thumb.jpg.c2c7f70982f1b41cd1f6b89e0c734e22.jpg
    12.thumb.jpg.a8383abe1ab8b2c15d3d9bf849fd598d.jpg
    13.thumb.jpg.119c1fc0d029b7ff87d0fdcd5369184c.jpg

Edited by paja

• 4 weeks later...

Very interesting TV show about two former Nebojša crew members made in 2003 LINK.
    When the command gave the order to surrender the submarine to Italians 19 out of 54 crew members disobeyed it and went first to Crete and then to Alexandria to join the allies. They took a lot of other people with them, navy and officers of other branches. Corvette lieutenant Ivan Mišković remained active during the war outside Yugoslavia. When he returned home in 1946 he had troubles with the new communist authorities, even spent some time in the solitary confinement. On the other hand Jovan Trbojević was first trained by the British in Palestine and then parachuted into mountains of Montenegro in 1942 where he joined Yugoslav Army in the Fatherland. After the war he remained outside Yugoslavia.
    Nebojša was brought back to Yugoslavia in 1945 where the Yugoslav Navy used it for training under a a new name, Tara, until 1954-5 when it was decommissioned and later cut up for scrap. 
    58ee55a2648d5_MikoviIvan.thumb.jpg.f063d3a27b26a1af87608b390bff3b4f.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...