News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pre WW1?

Chris Boonzaier

The Lady seems to be dressed similarly to these two, The images come from pre-WWI actual original colour slides in which case I would put a bet on your image being from somewhere in Imperial Russia. There is a web-site (Already posted on GMIC) which has a few of these original slides shown, my images cames from a completely different site and contained Hundreds!!

regards

Edited by Alex K

in my opinion it has nothing to do with Russia. The other photo shows two (probably) Georgian women. The first one, however, apparently shows the man with triangularly folded medal ribbons, which is highly unusual for Russia.

Dragomir

Hi,

Not Russian ribbons of medals ...

I think photo from Balkan state

I agree. I think Bosnians during the Austro-Hungarian Empire period - probably pre-WWI. The fez-shaped hat was very common for men of the time; in fact, it was the shape of the uniform cap for Bosnian soldiers in the KuK Army. Women also covered their heads in this manner. The tri-fold ribbons are, of course, typical of Austro-Hungarian decorations. An old KuK warrior all dressed up with his family for a celebration is my guess.

I agree. I think Bosnians during the Austro-Hungarian Empire period - probably pre-WWI. The fez-shaped hat was very common for men of the time; in fact, it was the shape of the uniform cap for Bosnian soldiers in the KuK Army. Women also covered their heads in this manner. The tri-fold ribbons are, of course, typical of Austro-Hungarian decorations. An old KuK warrior all dressed up with his family for a celebration is my guess.

Sorry, Definitely not Bosniaks. The cap is not sort of fez, it is a fur cap, and the standing man in the back has even more pronounced cap of the similar type. My guess is Serbian or Bulgarian.

Sorry, Definitely not Bosniaks. The cap is not sort of fez, it is a fur cap, and the standing man in the back has even more pronounced cap of the similar type. My guess is Serbian or Bulgarian.

That makes sense... I didn't think about it being fur.

I'd +1 on the Serbian, the ladys "Narodna nosnja" (traditional attire) looks like what we have back home, but then again so do some Russian, Ukranian, Bulgarian, and other Mediteranian Slovak countries.

If you can figure out the weave pattern, you can even narrow it down to what region it was taken in, if the weave isn't too common.

They still dress like this in today's time, so maybe the culture and traditional weave of this specific nation is still being used today,

best of luck

Igor

Edited by Rogi