News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown French ? Aviation Wings

Linasl

Greetings All.

I just bought an aviation badge here in France. I though do not know if it is French or from another country. I also do not know what it is for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Linas

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2013/post-3713-0-58368300-1363874502.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2013/post-3713-0-76797200-1363874514.jpg

Hello Linas;

I can certainly see why you would think this is some kind of French Pilot badge. It certainly has the basic form of one, but with the heaven-facing angel on it, it is not something I've seen before.

The reverse is certainly different from standard pilot badge. And yet I don't think it's a fantasy piece. The construction, the pin setup and even the faint and hard to read manufacture embossed name (did I see “Paris”?) across the wings makes me think it's a sweetheart broach of some kind.

Perhaps, because of the soulful angel, for someone who loved a fallen pilot?

Has anyone seen this type before, or have any ideas?

Hello Claudius,

Thanks for your comments. It may very likely be a sweetheart badge - didn't think of that. And yes, the manufacture is professional, with "PARIS" on the reverse. I though don't have it in my possession yet.

Other comments would be greatly appreciated.

Take care. Linas

• 9 months later...