News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thank you Mr.Wernitz!

Well.....after reading Mr.Wernitz book (the 1st part is outstanding and impossible to top) I found something in the 2nd part that made me kicking my own ass .A screwback Zimmermann piece(the blued core ones) with a screw and crossplate like the Meybauer pieces. A couple of years ago I had the chance to get one and thought that was some kind of modification....now I found this variation pictured in the Wernitz book....That was the sign for me to do a drink offering to the god of iron cross collecting.And then it happened-I found a thread in a German forum,followed it,found a link to a dealer I didn't know,looked at his page and found one....with the 2nd core variation but that doesn't matter.Now I know there are 2 crosses more on my endless wanted list....and beer is really helpful! Anyway-here are the pica...

Micha

My set has arrived and not only graphically it´s an awesome piece of work, but the historical context provided as introduction is a must have. Still very happy and will learn a lot from it, and from your constant input as well Micha. Overall, chapeau Herr Wernitz.

Chris, EKs rule! just don´t spread the word and we´ll keep values affordable :whistle:

I must admit i find the blued core ones better than the painted ones...

Nice piece indeed!!!

As do I but how do we know the reverse hardware actually came with the cross?

Well,the cross in Wernitz book has got the identical hardware at the reverse.That makes 2 Zimmermann crosses with thiskind of attachment system-and long time ago I had the chance to buy another one-I stepped back because I thought it was a kind of repair or home improofment....there are two more screwback variations known!

Micha