News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Manchukuo Red Cross Order of Merit

Dieter3

thank you for posting the pics - wish I had known about the auction

Yes, I was watching with eagerness as the price climbed, and climbed! Definitely a rare piece, but I was kinda surprised by the final price! Still, sweeeeeeet.....

I know the price was strong but how many do you see? It is a far more attractive beastie and many times rarer than its Japanese counterpart.

Paul

Absolutely. It kind of makes first class awards of the Rising Sun and Scared Treasure look commonplace! HA!! You're right, very rare and very attractive. More attractive than the Japanese medals? Well, it's more colorful, but of seemingly lower quality and far less attention to detail. But that's just my humble opinion! ;)

I know the price was strong but how many do you see?

Well, these are not that rare ...

And 1300 for this piece without ribbon, rosette and box is way too much ;)

Two months ago one such order (practically in mint condition, but without the box) was sold in Moscow only for $330 :lol:

This is what I call sweeeeeeeeet deal :whistle:

Two months ago one such order (practically in mint condition, but without the box) was sold in Moscow only for $330 :lol:

This is what I call sweeeeeeeeet deal :whistle:

WOW! Only $330.00!! That is very sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. ;)

Problem is getting it form Moscow to UK or US. I have seen items in Russian Auctions that are real bargains but I have been told that there is little point in bidding as it will be a nightmare getting it to the UK.

Paul

... items in Russian Auctions that are real bargains but I have been told that there is little point in bidding as it will be a nightmare getting it to the UK.

"Nightmares" and "real bargains" often come together :whistle: