News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Taisho (?) Era 7th Class Golden Kite and Document

Dieter3

The document and medal are not related, just posting, so really just guessing that the medal is Taisho (but possibly late Meiji?). Ever notice how the medal decals on the Showa-era documents are better representatives of the actual medal? Anyway, not the best medal but not the worst. Ribbon shows fade and soiling, but the gold plate is still pretty good. Would like to find nicer.

Very nice! Thanks for posting these.

I'm fascinated by the five red seals on the document.

I'm guessing the large square seal in the centre is that of the Emperor. Would anyone know what the other seals denote?

If I remember correctly

The big one is the so-called "National stamp".

The big round one on the left reads "Great Japan, Imperial Awards&Medals Department".

The three lower stamps are (from right to left): general chairman (of imperial awards&medals department) stamp and two secretary stamps.

Edited by JapanX

Ah, thanks Nick. Did the National Stamp change with each Emperor?

For Chinese documents, I believe the large stamp was the Emperor's or President's, so each had a unique stamp.

Did the National Stamp change with each Emperor?

Nope.

It didn't ;)

For Chinese documents, I believe the large stamp was the Emperor's or President's, so each had a unique stamp.

One of these days we should discuss these rare docs :beer:

Very nice! Thanks for posting these.

I'm fascinated by the five red seals on the document.

I'm guessing the large square seal in the centre is that of the Emperor. Would anyone know what the other seals denote?

My pleasure! Glad you enjoyed seeing it. The seals are kinda nice. They do add a little color to the documents that have only black and white images of the medals on them!

Nope.

It didn't ;)

One of these days we should discuss these rare docs :beer:

Would love to see more Chinese order documents!