News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fur Tapferkeit

1st medal Silver Bravery Medal FJI II. Class; post WWI period, it has German style suspension. I would say late 30s but struck in good quality in silver.

2nd Medal it should be Gold Bravery Medal FJI but the ellipse-shaded suspension (Henkeloese) is obviously brazed, gilding seems to be new, no markings on the rim. I dont think it´s cast but probably Silver Bravery Medal FJI I.Class (silver or white metal) newly gilded and with upgraded suspension. It has nothing to do with the original one. Very bad collectors copy or fake. You choose.

Edited by tifes

It´s not replacement, for sure. Well, simplified version. Gold issues had been replaced by those made of gilded bronze. Officially awarded GTMs had marking "Bronze" on the rim. Other ones,sold by Hauptmünzamt Wien (Main Sterling Office Vienna) for private purchase, had rim markings "Bronze HMA" or "HMA Unecht". Both are official versions with ellipse-shaped suspension struck together with medal. Your medal is classic Silver Bravery Medal I. Class, "modified" to Gold one by gilding and brazed suspension. Weight (circa 17.4 g) proofs it. Regards, tifes

As a matter of interest and if it could be useful to anyone, I would like to post some pictures of my Tapferkeitsmedaillen of Franz Josef: the 1849-1859; the 1859-1866 and the 1866-1914 types:

And now, I would like to add a full series of Austria's Goldene Tapferkeitsmedaillen, from the Holy Roman Emperor Joseph II to Karl I.

Those of Emperor Franz I appear in the two variations, engraved by Wirt and Harnisch; two variations of the Ferdinand type and, last but not least, the medal of Karl I is also in gold (the "K" ribbon badge is in gold too):

And now, I would like to add a full series of Austria's Goldene Tapferkeitsmedaillen, from the Holy Roman Emperor Joseph II to Karl I.

Those of Emperor Franz I appear in the two variations, engraved by Wirt and Harnisch; two variations of the Ferdinand type and, last but not least, the medal of Karl I is also in gold (the "K" ribbon badge is in gold too):

Absolutely Amazing :jumping: :jumping: even the ribbons are original.

The complete run over three centuries. That must have been a long time in the making for you.

Thanks for showing.

Thank You for showing,

GREAT COLLECTION !!! :unsure: