News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

information please

Good Evening,

I am looking for information on this chap who I believe won the DSO but I cannot find confirmation of this could anyone help please. Lt Commander Cyril Colbourne MTB Boats Suffolk

Regards David

Edited by FOR VALOUR

If you have even a year for date, you can search the London Gazette on-line. The search engine can be hit and miss, especially with earlier [pre-1900] issues, as the character recognition software has problems with some [older] type faces, but generally its a good source.

Nothing in the gazette (doesn't mean he's not there as the software company who did the search engine robbed them blind and it often tells lies). Will try other sources.

Paul

Not mentioned in Seedies rolls which give all naval honours and awards from 1939-60, Not in any of the DSO books from 1885-2008 unless Cyril is a nick name there are no Cyril Colbournes (or variations of the spelling of Colbourne) listed anywhere.

Paul