News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe flight trumpet banner for the city of Werl

I would lkke to present a nice flight trumpet banner for the city of Werl, where Field Marshal Albert Kesselring was

imprisoned postwar for war crimes. During the war there was a reasonable Luftwaffe presence there.....

Bob

• 1 month later...

Hi Bob,

How far apart are the ties on the flag if you don't mind me asking?

Would it fit a fanfare trumpet?

Cheers

Jock:)

Hi Jock

Yes it is for a fanfare trumpet, the ties are approx 37 CM apart.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes

Bob

I would love to see some photos of them Jock if possible ??

I have seen trumpet banners with the tyes, and also with clips too, I guess there would be slight variations in the

lengths of the hangers etc, I only have the one, so can't really show any other variations.

Best wishes

Bob

Bob,

They are a bit tall to try and photograph, hope this will do.

The top one has a shorter distance for the hangers, approx 35cm.

Regards

Jock:)http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2013/post-15855-0-50698400-1372358426.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2013/post-15855-0-50698400-1372358426.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2013/post-15855-0-66422400-1372358550.jpg

Superb stuff ! Robin your Pz. Rgt. 8 banner has left me all sweaty ! Magnificent !!

I am not sure if you guys are aware of it or not, but Shawn Southern in the US is doing a book on musical instruments and other band

related items as well, he would love to see these photos I am sure. I can pass on his e-mail address if you like.....

(Shawn has some fantastic trumpets too Jock, and I am sure he would love to see these).

Bob

Superb, and nice to have some DAK history with it too.

• 15th Panzer Division
      • 8th Panzer Regiment
      • 104th Panzergrenadier Regiment
      • 115th Panzergrenadier Regiment
      • 33rd Artillery Regiment
      • 15th Motorcycle Battalion
      • 115th Reconnaissance Battalion
      • 33rd Engineering Battalion
      • 33rd Anti-Tank Battalion

And I see a lovely looking Flak trumpet banner hiding in the left hand corner too....

Keep 'em coming Robin !

Best wishes

Bob

Bob,

I doubt your mate is struggling for pictures but if he has to rely on me taking them then he is on a hiding since it is not an area I am that good at, certainly not for a reference book anyway.

Robin,

Nice stuff and a lot of it too.

Oh my goodness!! My husband showed me the banner and the embroidery, but he didn't show me those fanfare trumpets!!!!

Jock, if you would be so kind, what are the makers on those fanfare trumpets? I am a trumpet and bugle player, so I am really really interested in researching them a bit.

I just informed Paul R. that I want one!!

None of them are maker marked and they are all slightly different in construction and sadly only one is completely without damage or repair.

It would seem that they all fail at the similar points where the brass bars are connected to give it some rigidity.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Jock.

Here is another trumpet banner, it just sold on the WAF's for sale section (US), and sadly not to me, but a nice

one with a little bit of damage to the fringe, for Bad Aibling.

Bob