News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Perhaps we are inclined to think that this funny moustache was invented by Hitler, but to my experience it is more likely that Hitler was a folower of fashion.

There are many portraits of men wearing this tooth brush moustache, not in the least the American actors Charlie Chaplin and Oliver Hardy.

For what it's worth, the guy in my photo paid a heavy price for his devotion to the cause. As commander of the Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment of the Panzer Lehr Division, he was wounded and captured by Canadian troops on 8 June 1944, and according to various reports mistreated by the Canadians, and finally died on 18 June.

Edited by Dave Danner

The mustache although Chaplin like, was actually, in Germany, the mark of a front line soldier. It was the proscribed facial hair by regulation for the early gas masks. I have a bunch of Stahlhelm soldiers wearing this, but not younger men or Spd/KPD supporters, nor Adel chappies.