News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal Bar Reconstruction Project Prussian/Württemberg Mixed- HELP needed Please

• 1 year later...
    On 6/26/2013 at 22:50, dedehansen said:

Hello Paul,

the medal from the crown order didn´t exist as silver gilded version. I think that Matthew

is thinking on the württembergische goldene Militärverdienstmedaille, there are many

silver gilded fakes arround, as genuine these have to be almost 333 gold.

The yellow ribbon on this bar does not belong to the Centenarmedaille, I think it´s the

Verdienstmedaille von Baden, please have a look on the bar from App.I´m not sure

if it has to be the Medal from Friedrich I ( like App ) or the later model under Friedrich !!.

Regards

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Please explain the Baden medal.  Why is it most likely?

Regards

Paul

• 2 years later...
    On 05/06/2016 at 17:46, Paul R said:

I am rounding up medals now... Just clarifying.  The Wilhelms Cross- is this with or without swords?

All could agree upon this group is to a senior NCO, so it has to be with swords. As pointed out earlier in this thread, military personal received this cross always with swords, regardless their actual combatant status, while the other type went to civilians.

On 27/06/2013 at 07:50, dedehansen said:

The yellow ribbon on this bar does not belong to the Centenarmedaille, I think it´s the Verdienstmedaille von Baden (...)

This does not convince me. The majority of Baden merit medals to Württemberg NCOs and EMs (see Bretzendorfer, pages 26/27) went to the Strasbourg based IR 126, whose "Chef" the Baden Grand Dukes were - but a Württemberg soldier in an Alsace based unit would also receive the Centennial medal! Thus, the latter seems more likely to me, as there's just one yellow ribbon present, and not two of them...

What I still don't understand is the two long service awards ribbons. Württemberg NCOs could not only receive the three classes of the 1913 type EM and NCO long service award, but the Dienstehrenzeichen as well. My best guess, and I think I've seen such combinations before, would be a cross for 25 ("officers type") and one for "XV" years. Or could the second ribbon indeed be for the Landwehr award 2nd class?! I'd love to hear what you're thinking...

:wacky:

Edited by saschaw

• saschaw changed the title to Medal Bar Reconstruction Project Prussian/Württemberg Mixed- HELP needed Please