News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

I have found it rather hard to find a War Merit Medal either single mounted or on a medal bar. Here is an example I picked up a while ago and was happy to finally add one to my collection. How many others have mounted War Merit Medals?

Regards,

Jody

You're absolutely right; they're scarce to find mounted. Tom Yanacek mentions it specifically in his wonderful book on parade mounted bars. Like you, I was fortunate to find one and here it is. I hope others post theirs. Congratulations!

Hello,

Great bar with the Social Welfare Medal. Yes, I have that great book and a couple of my bars are even in it. They are a bear to find mounted.

Regards,

Jody

Edited by JBeltram

Here are the additional photos.

The oxidation, wear, and etc are uniform on all materials and is not artificial. It is a strange one, but I am comfortable with it.

• 4 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 9 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 7 months later...
    • 2 years later...

Sorry for bringing back this old topic. But since I saw those sacrace mounted War merit medals i hoped I would ever find one of these to. 

And here is the one I found. The owner was a ww1 veteran and later Truck driver who delivered supplies for the Westwall. Later he got the War merit medal to. He died before the war was over as his civilian truck was straffed by ground attack planes. 

I also have a photo of him and his Truck. 

REST IN PEACE 

IMG_20180809_120311-921x691.jpg

• 2 months later...
    On 10/08/2018 at 21:52, Uffz. Rohleder said:

Sorry for bringing back this old topic. But since I saw those sacrace mounted War merit medals i hoped I would ever find one of these to. 

And here is the one I found. The owner was a ww1 veteran and later Truck driver who delivered supplies for the Westwall. Later he got the War merit medal to. He died before the war was over as his civilian truck was straffed by ground attack planes. 

I also have a photo of him and his Truck. 

REST IN PEACE 

IMG_20180809_120311-921x691.jpg

Reverse Pic. Maybe of interest it's the simple DRGM marked one

IMG_20181016_180254-810x564.jpg