News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Chart of Medals and Badges of Great Manchukuo Empire from 1944

JapanX

• Replies 104
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know (thanks to Rich) from History of Japan mint (published in 1953) that: 'Since the equipment and technical skills in Manchukuo were far below that of those in Japan, all Manchukuo orders were made by the Japan Mint. The numbers of medals needed steadily increased, so in Showa 18 [1943] some Japan Mint technicians were sent to the Manchukuo Mint to assist them in making the lower classes of the orders.'

So it is possible that some orders in four lower classes were manufactured by Manchu mint between 1943 (unknown month) and 1945.

As for the badges - many (but not all) were also manufactured by japanese firms.

Especially badges with difficult enamel work ;)

Cheers,

Nick

P.S. This thread will be continued in Saturday due to some tech problems :)

Wow, thanks for these Nick (and David).

That's the first time I've seen the colour of the sash of the Illustrious Dragon. Even James Peterson's books doesn't have an image of the sash.

Only one has appeared on the international market in the last 5 years that I'm aware of - a single sash badge.

Amazing stuff Nick, I look forward to the resolution of technical problems (not included in the 5 year plan) and look forward to more great pictures after my weekend technology break.

Paul

I look forward to the resolution of technical problems (not included in the 5 year plan) and look forward to more great pictures after my weekend technology break.Paul

Not my fault :whistle:

At first there was no electricity around and now I am on this evilPad and you can't attach anything with this thing ...

Edited by JapanX