News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Tucker's cont - Tirah/Punjab and WW1 (with Dead Mans Penny)

Tudor Henry St. George Tucker - still a fair amount of information to gather on this one but this is what I have so far:

Born 1878

First commissioned to the service 4th Aug 1897

Died 1917 of Typhoid.

Details are sketchy at best but we are working on it.

Pic 1: Tirah/Punjab campaign

Pic 2: Star - British War - Victory

Pic 3: Dead Mans Penny

These are the last of the medals I have received but will update if anything else crops up

Tudor Tucker was commisioned in late 1897, he was a Queen's India Cadet at Sandhurst, Tirah was his first blooding, after that anything else was easy, by 1901 he was with the political service working in the civil administration and was still in the political service in 1913. He died of Typhoid in Dera Ismail Khan in the Winter of 1917. Winter in the NWF was not pleasant and many British and Indian troops sucumbed to disease (I have a group to a a former missionary who was with the IMD who succumbed at Bannu in a similar manner). At the time of his death he was Political Service, attached to the 21st Punjabis.

I am sad to hear this is the last of the medals as you have regaled us with so many pearls.

All the best,

Paul

Paul, it's been an absolute pleasure. Thank you for all your input to date, it has been both massively interesting and helpful to me to put the pieces of the puzzle together. I will post any info in the documents if I come across anything that has to do with the threads.

Chris, my ignorance is somewhat bliss on that question :o . Can you elaborate as I am all brand spanking new at this game?

Wow.... that is more than fantastic....

How is the trio named?

Hi Chris,

Sorry for taking so long to answer but I've been out of action so to speak.

From left to right:

Pic 1. 2nd Lieu T. H. St. G. Tucker 1st B(N) Ry(l or t). W. Luvi (I question this as it's not clear). Reg(t).

Pic 2. Maj. T. H. St. G. Tucker. Pol. Dept.

Maj. St. G. Tucker. Pol. Dept.

Maj. T. H. St. G. Tucker. Pol. Dept.

Pic 3. Tudor Henry St. George Tucker

Regards,

Kerry

Wonderful group. These days chaps like Tudor would be in MI 6 or MI 5. it would be interesting to see what his speciality was. can you see his personal file at all in the Indian archives?