News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Advice for Greek Order

Hello,

I need some information related to the Greek Order of Benevolence (also known as Order of Beneficience, Order of Welfare)

It is a ladies only award and comes in various classes. I am particularly interested in the Gold Cross grade. Are there two versions of this order? As I have come across one that has ribbon more peach to beige in color and Petals of the flower are not navy blue, it is showing a lighter blue; also clothes of baby Christ are in white (very faint light blule). I have found other more recently made orders with a yellowish orange ribbon, dark blue petals of the flower and blue clothes for baby christ. Could the peach ribbon either be a older version of the order, or faded color (faded by time) ?

Here is an example similar to the one I am interested in, I took the image of one that recently sold on ebay:

BENEEX1_zps67a4dbd0.png

Thank you for your help

With Regards,

Igor

In the 'Royal' pre-1974 version, you have blue petals, a light blue background to the central medallion, Mary in a red gown & the baby Jesus in blue. The background & Jesus's kit is sometimes quite light, and sometimes darker... but I haven't seen it quite as light as your one (er, the Ebay example you show).

In the post-1974 version, there's no crown, blue petals, a yellow background to the central medallion, Mary in a red gown & the baby Jesus in a dark blue.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

Actually the colors of the center and the petals are related to the manufacturer.

The ebay example is a huguenin-made. The most common 1st type is made by kelaidis and the petals are darker.