News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Another great medal bar of a German serving in Finland. The extraordinary thing of the medal bar might be that it is unique in a special way: Combination of Finnish medals with the Pour le Merite for NCOs (The Golden Military Merit Cross - Militär-Verdienstkreuz für Unteroffiziere und Mannschaften).

Also the EK1 is existing. Kriegsstammrolle, not to forget :)

The name is known...a guy who got very old.

Have fun.

Mikko

:blush:

Just saw the Kriegstammrolle ..... Pleaaaaaase Mikko , who is it ?

I have spent some hours in the Swedish War Archive searching for Swedish soldiers with Finnish awards , puh I

Thank god they are typed (most) and not in scary handwritten old German like Rick has to deal with :whistle:

Right know I going through 1st class medals with Red Cross 1918 ( only 20 awarded to Swedes) would I like a document ?

Hmm , let me think ......

YES ! :cheeky:

Christer

I have never been able to pin this bar to one person. Best suspects are KL:

(T) Georg Fett PCO4, EK1, HH 6.4.04 16.7.15 a.D.22.11.19 Born 14.1.86 1931 Essen Staff?

(A) Gustav Wehr PCO4, EK1, HH 6.4.04 10.8.15 a.D. 22.11.19 Born 27.8.861931 Essen Ship Hindenburg

Edited by Paul C

hi guys i am just in finland. as far as i remember the name is warnat or warwat. more when i am back from suomi

Wilhelm Warnat, Offizier - Stellvertreter, Reserve - Infanterie - Regiment Nr. 255

awarded 26.03.1918, current number 80 from the recipients award list

Regards

Andreas

• 2 weeks later...

I have never been able to pin this bar to one person. Best suspects are KL:

(T) Georg Fett PCO4, EK1, HH 6.4.04 16.7.15 a.D.22.11.19 Born 14.1.86 1931 Essen Staff?

(A) Gustav Wehr PCO4, EK1, HH 6.4.04 10.8.15 a.D. 22.11.19 Born 27.8.861931 Essen Ship Hindenburg

Paul

I really like this ribbon bar.:) I assume the reverse is done in black/navy blue to signify Marine?

Best wishes

Matt

Always when I visit Helsinki and I am standing in front of the White Cathedral (created after the plans of the German architekt Engel) I get goose bumps when I remind myself of these old picture of German troops passing the White Cathedral when celebrating the liberty and freedom of Finland and the overcome of the red disease.

Cheers

Mikko

keep them coming!!! :-)

I am fairly sure I showed this group of ribbon bars before:

One 1930ies tab back style - the baltic cross ribbon missing and one 1957 model ribbon bar.

I wonder how this guy managed to get nothing in WW2 but was still in a kind of uniformed service in the late 50ies...

Lots of greetings

Daniel

• 1 year later...

Bonjour,

• 1939 Spange zum 1914 EK-II,

• Ostmedaille,
    • Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges 1914-1918 mit Schwertern,
    • Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13 März 1938,
    • Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1 Oktober 1938 mit Spange «Prager Burg»,

• Slowakia Order ???

He won : Finnische Orden des Freiheitskreuz 1. kl mit Schwertern (16 juin 1942),

• Finnische Orden des Freiheitskreuz 1. kl mit Stern u. Eichenlaub (6 juillet 1943).

The finnish ribbon is 3rd or 4th Class on this order,

Unknow ribbon,

The last ribbon is unknow, but is commander class.

Add Werner Mummert served in Sächsische Karabinier Rgt Nr 2 in WWI.

• Finnische Orden des Freiheitskreuz 4. kl mit Schwertern (17 août 1918),

• Finnische Medaille zur Erinnerung an den Freiheitskrieg 1918. ???

Crdl

Thierry

Not really... the book "Finlands Utmärkelsetecken" by Wrede doesn't say why it was awarded - he just describes what it looks like.

Here is a picture:

http://www.medalj.nu/ribbon_info.asp?build=&showgroups=M-M/100&visitor=%7B30E706AB-2FC9-4537-909C-D2412C7EDEC9%7D&listmode=0&medal=%7B1E3DD89D-33D2-48CF-B07D-E47244DC49BB%7D

/Michael

Hello collector-friends,

is someone of you familiar with a guy named Erich Beschke? He received the Finnish Liberty cross 2nd class in 1918. At that time he was a Hauptmann. Later on he also received the Finnish Medal of Liberation.

In which unit did he serve? What was his CV? Why did he receive the 2nd class of the Liberty cross? Was he a commander of a unit in the Finnish Liberation war?

Your help appreciated.

Detlef

Hello collector-friends,

is someone of you familiar with a guy named Erich Beschke? He received the Finnish Liberty cross 2nd class in 1918. At that time he was a Hauptmann. Later on he also received the Finnish Medal of Liberation.

In which unit did he serve? What was his CV? Why did he receive the 2nd class of the Liberty cross? Was he a commander of a unit in the Finnish Liberation war?

Your help appreciated.

Detlef

Erich Beschke born in Magdeburg Aug 3rd 1878 , first in service Oct 1st 1904

He was with 2 Bayr Feld Art Rgt 1914- 1915 , later in 1918 Bayr Gebirgs Kanon Batt 07

EK II , BMVO IV x , BMVO IV Mkr x 1918 Luitpold Medal, Austria MVK mKd June 23rd 1918, Finnish Liberty Cross 2nd class May 28 1918 If I read right he was OberLt dR in may 1918 wich explains why he got a second class instead of a more normal third class.

Christer