News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Anyone have experience with these dealers?

Hi all. I have a friend who is looking to make a couple of purchases which will run a couple hundred dollars each. I wanted to try and make sure the dealers are okay before she jumps into the deep end of the pool.

The dealers are:

www.shopbulgaria.com

www.balkanantiques.com

http://www.dyasmedals.co.uk

Has anyone had any experience with either or all of these dealers and if so, how did things go? Looking for smooth, honest transactions. Would appreciate any and all feedback.

Many thanks!

God bless,

Dan

Edited by Hauptmann

• 1 month later...

Hi Ruiz. Many thanks for the reply on this one. I'd actually dealt with them in the distant past but it had been a long time, I saw a bunch of new names on the staff and had no idea how things were now. Wrote to them and they promptly wrote back... and told me that the item we were inquiring about was out of stock but they'd let us know when they got any in. So I would not have any problem continuing to deal with www.shopbulgaria.com or recommending same.

Re: Dyas Medals... have to comment on that one. My friend and I both sent emails throughout the month to them as well as a phone call (got message machine) and to top it off a couple of friends and fellow GMIC members tried calling several times and one even went so far as to drive over there. It was shut up tight. Nothing on the door or front to indicate what was going on. Messages and emails never answered. I pray it's not something dreadful like a death or illness or anything like that that is causing this. But if they're just not attending to business for no reason in particular then that's just wrong.

Then re: Balkan Antiques. We tried multiple times to email them as well and never received a reply. My friend decided to go ahead and try ordering what she wanted on her CC and see what happened. Well, it goes through CCNow if I remember correctly... something like that... and all seemed to be a go. Got notifications the order went through, when it was supposed to ship, etc. Then next thing we know about a week later she gets notification that they didn't have the item she'd purchased and the transaction was cancelled... no money having been charged to her.

BUT... they have continued to advertise the piece in question on their site. We have emailed and inquired as to why this is so if the item is no longer in stock... no replies and it's still on the site.

It's an extremely sad state of affairs when one wants to make a purchase, has the money to do so, finds what is wanted on a site, makes inquiries, tries to order and this sort of thing happens. It's extremely unprofessional on the part of the dealers in question. They need to keep their sites updated. They need to answer inquiries, both by email and on the phone. They need to keep regular hours and I'll mention on the day my friend went over to Dyas it was on a day when they stated on their site they were supposed to be open and when they were supposed to be there.

Must be nice to have so much money, or so much business that one doesn't have to really be concerned with actually doing what is required to run a business. Some of us actually have to work... and work hard for a living. When we choose to spend some of that hard earned money the least we can expect is good customer service. Had Balkan Antiques simply replied to our first email and said the item was no longer in stock... no problem. If Dyas had replied and said the same, or said yes, we have what you would like to purchase and we'd gone on to complete the deal... fine. But to just be ignored or to have an order go through then be cancelled like that... just very unprofessional.

Sorry to not have anything good to say about two out of three of these. My friend and I did all we could to contact them as per the instructions on their respective sites... we gave them all the time in the world and then some and we've STILL not heard word one from either of them. Far as I'm concerned they're both out of business and the bodies just haven't been buried yet.

Dan