News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Dave,

Really incredible material, and family history, that your friend has there. While I am in awe of it all, I must disagree with a minor point raised here.

Your friend is correct in that for some inexplicable reason the ribbon on the W?rttemberg MMO badges went from the familiar yellow with black stripes to blue at some point (I am not sure exactly when) in the 1800?s to 1914, and then back to the yellow and black; but the blue was not that of the Friedrich Order; but rather a dark or cornflower blue. An example is shown below

As I said, incredible - thanks for sharing.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Well, I'd be willing to bet that at the point this bar was mounted the FO ribbon was as close as they could get! ;>)

Hi Stogie,

A good point - I have an example of that type of situation at the extreme which I will post sometime in the future. Regarding this case though, there are two things which come into play:

1. There is a foreign order (the name escapes me at the moment) that does use the proper cornflower blue ribbon. A ?top end? supplier, such as Godet, would have it.

2. The dark blue Prussian long service ribbon, while not exactly correct but readily available, would have been an excellent substitute.

Oh, well... we?ll never know.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Wildcard:

Very cool and cleared up a question for me on being able to wear different grades of the MMM (or with the MMO) on the same bar.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

I really never gave it much thought, but you?re right. Now you?ve got me wondering. Do you know what the rgulations were with regard to wearing the Bavarian MVM if one had both the gold and silver? I?m not sure.

Also we have seen examples of multiple Bavaria MVK?s on bars - I never could figure that one out either. And then, there?s the Red Eagle. :speechless1:

At least, I hope, that this group answers the W?rttemberg question correctly.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Well the BMVK part is easy...... different classes and it's OK (3./1.) This whole thread just made a bar that someone we all know dearly can't identify a little more interesting......... Oh Evil Twin?.... are you looking at that big flat bar in your case??? Second shelf........? What if that BLUE ribbon is for the W?rttemburg Military Merit Cross!?!?!!!!?

• 6 years later...

Hi Chris,

The medal bars are a complete fabrication. The combination of medals are impossible to attain and also not within the German regulations. A shame that these have been framed and attributed to someone. I would also assume that the 16 TDBs are a fabrication also.

Gary B

• 11 months later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Thanks IrishGunner

The Militärpaß came also with the medal bar so

I fortunately have a name for the bar.

Regards

Andreas

Are all of the awards noted in the Pass? This would be worth a thread of its own.

Edited by IrishGunner

• 10 months later...
    • 2 months later...

The SMMM was awarded ~ 201.000 times. It is the equivalent to the prussian EK2.

It was awarded to EM and NCO.

The GMMM was awarded to EM, NCO and -sometimes- to officers, later the most of them got the MMO.

If they got the GMMM they returned the SMMM (not every times), if they got the MMO the returned the GMMM.

The shown medal looks like a lat(er) Zweitstück.